Connection to Mac is lost after certain time of inactivity

I'm using Visual Studio 2017 (15.6.5) on Windows 10 and I'm developing with Xamarin. I pair my computer with a MacBook Air in order to develop for iPhone.

After a time of "inactivity" the connection with the Mac is not "valid" any more.

The explanation for the terms that I used in quotes is the following:

Inactivity - Time between 2 consecutives run/build the application. So I'm running the application now and I'm running again the application after 30 minutes. Usually the time of inactivity is about 20 to 30 minutes (It's not one day)

Valid - The connection with the Mac is not actually lost. The icon at the toolbar that shows the connection to the Mac is still green and when I open the dialog I can see that Visual Studio is still paired with the Mac. But when I'm trying to build the app, I'm getting the message "An active connection to the Mac is required in order to run the application. Please ensure the connection is established and try again." as if Visual Studio is not connected to the Mac.

I have to close the simulator and Visual Studio in order to be able to build again the application.

The Mac is connected to the local network with WiFi.

So the questions are why this is happening and how can I correct it?

Thanks
BTW I asked the question to Stack Overflow a few days ago but I didn't get answers yet.

Best Answer

Answers