Drive Route Mapping: Display Routes based on destination

pingpong.6106pingpong.6106 USMember ✭✭
edited May 2018 in Xamarin.Android

I need to implement a mapping functionality for Android which displays drive routes for a destination.

Does anyone have experience of integrating https://copilotgps.com/?

Is there other alternatives?

Answers

• ChristopheBERNARDChristopheBERNARD BEMember ✭✭✭✭

Hello @pingpong.6106 never try copilotgps ...is there some API available ? Nothing see on the site ?
    Me i use google maps and it's work fine ..
    https://ddewaele.github.io/GoogleMapsV2WithActionBarSherlock/part5

• pingpong.6106pingpong.6106 USMember ✭✭
    edited May 2018

Hello @ChristopheBERNARD Thank you for your link.

Can you explain a bit more on how to implement it? Because the link is using Java, and Google Java Client. Any code sample in C# would be very much appreciated if any.

Is it free to use the Google APIs?

Hello @pingpong.6106
    yes it's free if you use as a private user ..if you use google maps for example 1000 device you need to contact to have a particular license.

send me a private mail i will send you a sample in c# not the sample in the link but another sample with destination A to B

Last word, it's a good exercice to translate java to c# ...believe me ..
    Many resource in google , sample , video are OFTEN in java ..

• pingpong.6106pingpong.6106 USMember ✭✭

It shows marker only. But I need to display routes for a destination, like in Google Map. Is it possible?

edited May 2018

@pingpong.6106 => of course it's possible but i don't know your level ..it's not so easy if you are a beginner ... i try to send you a sample but if you don't have an account google , activate google maps, place the API key ..and so on ..i can't spend my day ...to explain all for you ! Also the link provide a good first sample ...which level have your got ? have you develop some app in maps ?

• ArctechFoxArctechFox Member

Here's how to highlight routes with custom renderers for Xamarin.Forms map:

Search Google for
    "microsoft xamarin forms custom renderer map polyline"