Other devices that support mono / Xamarin?

AndyFlisherAndyFlisher GBBeta, University ✭✭✭

Am looking longingly at the google glass snippets (not available in the UK yet) but wondering what other devices is Xamarin / mono / c# a development option for beyond phones and tablets? Am guessing this is mostly Android focussed, with things like smartwatches all over CES, butt hen there's raspberry PI too - anything else of interest out there worth playing with?

• moljacmoljac HRBeta ✭✭✭

Lego Mindstorms EV3 - MonoBrick?

I'm sure there's gonna be a lot more from day to day. Mostly Android like You said. I'd expect IP Phones, watches and medical equipment/sensors in the future....

• AndyFlisherAndyFlisher GBBeta, University ✭✭✭

Didn't know monobrick existed, and I have a 7yr old son, I think we need to go shopping, cheers @moljac !

• MariusUngureanuMariusUngureanu ROXamarin Team Xamurai

I guess Ouya fits in this category too.

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭

We've got Mono/Xamarin running on Raspberry Pi - although there's a bit of fun and games to be had with soft float/hard float Mono builds.

Also - although it's actually a straight Android device - the Vuzix M100 Smart Glasses are interesting. I've done a review of them here.

• AndyFlisherAndyFlisher GBBeta, University ✭✭✭

I was looking at Mono on Raspbian last night actually, need to think of something clever to do with it as mine's sat there unused (Good intentions of playing with RiscOS and Assembler but never quite got there!)

The Smart Glasses however, they tick an interest (we can't yet get Google Glass in the UK, not that I can afford them!) though - will have a read, thanks

• SKallSKall USMember ✭✭✭✭

I am not sure if this will work on other than Windows development machines: http://www.netduino.com/