How do you reset VS for Mac UI settings

bradmbradm AUMember ✭✭✭

I don't know why, or how... but when I open the colour picker from the LaunchScreen.Storyboard while I am trying to change its background colour the window opens a little (a lot) too large.

As there is on x button in the top left I cant close the window, esc key doesn't dismiss the window. I need to close VS to get back to being able to edit my project. Is there any way to reset the UI or window layout settings?

Answers

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

In the ~/Library/Preferences/VisualStudio/7.0/ directory there should be an EditingLayout.xml file. If you close Visual Studio for Mac, then delete or rename that file, then restart Visual Studio for Mac the layout should be reset.

• bradmbradm AUMember ✭✭✭

That unfortunately did not help. I also tried Toolbox.xml but that didn't do anything either.

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

Mmm, maybe it is a global property. You could try renaming the MonoDevelopProperties.xml file in the ~/Library/Preferences/VisualStudio/7.0/ directory. This holds all property values used for various things in the IDE.

Still no dice. Though I did get reminded that the light theme exists :P I tried deleting all xml files in there, still not fixed.
    I even tried unplugging my 4K monitor and booting VS just only on the MacBook Pro. Same thing on the native screen.

I plugged the 4K monitor back in and changed its res (using EasyRes) to its full resolution in 2x section, which is 3360x1890, I can now see the top menu bar of the colour picker. I cant move it, resize it, the only buttons in the top left are the red to close and green to fullscreen. Red wont dismiss the window, green just made it go white and hid the entire nav bar. Closing and re-opening VS now makes it the size and functionality it originally was, but at this much higher resolution (I normally run at 1x scale at 2560x1440.

Ironically XS crapped the bed and I had to use the uninstall script and remove everything to reinstall it all over again. The problem still persists :s