Forum Xamarin.iOS

App crash automatically

sumitmishrasumitmishra Member ✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in Xamarin.iOS

Hi,
I have created a chat app in Xamarin.ios 11.1 but its crash automatically within 5 minutes and its also crashed when device screen locked off then on. There is no bug. How to identify the problem and solve it. App quit itself while using some time.

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@sumitmishra said:
    Hi,
    I have created a chat app in Xamarin.ios 11.1 but its crash automatically within 5 minutes and its also crashed when device screen locked off then on. There is no bug. How to identify the problem and solve it. App quit itself while using some time.

How do you know there is no bug?
    How do you know it has crashed and iOS hasn't closed it?

• sumitmishrasumitmishra Member ✭✭✭
    > @JohnHair said:
    > @sumitmishra said:
    > Hi,
    > I have created a chat app in Xamarin.ios 11.1 but its crash automatically within 5 minutes and its also crashed when device screen locked off then on. There is no bug. How to identify the problem and solve it. App quit itself while using some time.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > How do you know there is no bug?
    > How do you know it has crashed and iOS hasn't closed it?

Hi,
    I am not sure about bug but I need a solution if any bug it has. Can you guide me to solve these crashes?
  • JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Err, is this your first app? Have you debugged iOS apps before? Or do you come from a more traditional C# background, writing and debugging ASP.NET, processes or web services?
    To be honest I am surprised by your question. I mean no offense, but debugging an app is what every developer does.
    What have you tried so far to solve your crashes? Does it happen when you are running the app in the debugger?

Yes this is my first xamarin.ios app. It's work good on simulator and we also developed same app in xamarin.android. android app work great in device also.
  • andnesandnes USMember ✭✭✭

You need to provide some more information if you are to get any help. If you are using Visual Studio 2017, have you checked the Output window? This will normally show any error that caused your app to crash. If you are using VS for Mac, this will show in the Application Output window. You can also check the device log via XCode -> Devices and Simulators -> Your Device -> "View Device Logs" or "Open Console".

Hi @andnes
    I have checked device log in XCode. It says

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGKILL)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
    Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
    Termination Reason: Namespace SPRINGBOARD, Code 0x8badf00d
    Termination Description: SPRINGBOARD

And when I have seen device log in visual studio for mac ,
    Error (282) / CircleJoinRequested(CoreCDP): "Daemon connection invalidated!"

• MaxMacFarlaneMaxMacFarlane USMember ✭✭

Hi @sumitmishra,

I did a quick google of "Termination Reason: Namespace SPRINGBOARD, Code 0x8badf00d" and there are a lot of posts regarding this error. You should check them out and see if any of them are similar to what you are experiencing.

• JanettHolstJanettHolst DKUniversity ✭✭

I would suspect the debugger. Check if this is also an issue when you are not connected to the debugger.

Hi @JanettHolst ,
    I have checked both debug and release mode on my device but issue is same. App working good but after sometimes app quit itself. App crash time interval is different, sometimes it quit in 2 minutes, sometimes in 10 minutes.

• JanettHolstJanettHolst DKUniversity ✭✭

Then I would recommend you to use the Xamarin Profiler if you have a VS Enterprise license. If not, then check the Xcode Profiler. It will show you if you have memory leaks.