Compatibility with version IOS 9.3.5 and 11.x (Only one installer)

MisaelOMisaelO Member ✭✭

Hello, I have a problem with how can I do for only have one ipa installation for 2 IOS versions.
I don’t know if it’s possible that one .ipa called an other .ipa for install depending the version or configurate the Visual Studio 2017 to work in both.
The iPad 9.3.5 version is 32 bits and 11.x version is 64.
Thanks!

Answers

• Mr.PearceMr.Pearce DEMember ✭✭
    edited April 2018

In Your ios project you can edit the settings "iOS Build"->"Supported Architectures:" (mouseover gives a tooltip)
    and under "iOS Manifest" check the "Deployment Target"

It will then Build an corresponding ipa that should work on the desired devices

• MisaelOMisaelO Member ✭✭

I had already done that, but i want to generate only one ipa that can works with version 9.3 and 11.x
    regardless of the version and can works.

When i generate the .ipa and I try to install it in the iPad with version 11.3 I get the message "This app needs to be updated by the developer to work on this version of IOS", but it works with de iPad with version 9.3.5.
    On the other hand when I generate the .ipa with target 11.x, it works in that version but no in the iPad with 9.3.5 IOS version.

• MisaelOMisaelO Member ✭✭

We want to install an IPA by Mobile device management (MDM) and more specific Soti (EMM) and we have around 700 devices (some devices with IOS 9.3.5 and others with IOS 11.X) So, we have that problem for both versions and we only want one IPA Installer.
    Thanks!

• flint666flint666 Member

Yes...Absolutely.... I am also stuck with the same issue... Thanks for highlighting @MisealO

• flint666flint666 Member

Yes...Absolutely.... I am also stuck with the same issue... Thanks for highlighting @MisealO