Pushing Scores from a Xamarin Forms App to a WordPress Site and Displaying them as a Leaderboard?

I have a Xamarin Forms Game in iOS, Android, and UWP in which I have a High Scores Page. Now, I'm trying to push those scores to my Game's Wordpress site and Display them on a constantly updating Leaderboard. I really don't want to have to rely on Azure, Firebase, or GooglePlay if I don't have to.

Any Ideas?

Best Answer

• BillyMartinBillyMartin US ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018 Accepted Answer

I ended up making a custom route and endpoint in WordPress REST and then making a custom database instead of using the site's WordPress database (just to be safe in case I fail to stop someone's SQL injection) and then querying it from the endpoint.

This allows me to use bot GET and PUT methods. I can access the endpoint from any platform and from the web. Works really well.

Answers

• BillyMartinBillyMartin USMember ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018 Accepted Answer

I ended up making a custom route and endpoint in WordPress REST and then making a custom database instead of using the site's WordPress database (just to be safe in case I fail to stop someone's SQL injection) and then querying it from the endpoint.

This allows me to use bot GET and PUT methods. I can access the endpoint from any platform and from the web. Works really well.