HLENS: Spatial Mapping hololens sample Four after latest update not working

utekaiutekai ✭✭✭USMember ✭✭✭

Likewise the other samples relying upon spatial mapping aren't working either.

Upon saying 'show results' the resulting map appears to be multiple replicas of the same room added into the one space.

So standing in one room, having deleted all existing spaces, then remapping just the one, and starting the program shows the single room replicated at least 5 or 6 times.

Took these actions:
1. Updated UWP to latest
2. Updated SharpReality to latest

No change, still faulty.

Haven't run these samples in over a year, but last time I ran them all worked fine.

All versions set to latest.

• utekaiutekai ✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭

UrhoSharp.SharpReality version 1.5.22 is latest working version.

Version 1.8.50 is the first version where the sample breaks ... and no more recent version work either.

Random testing of the various SharpReality versions results in runtime errors in all versions above 1.5.22.

1.5.22 runs clean for me though.

Though 1.5.22 runs clean for me, it can't be deployed in Release mode.

Currently not finding a stable version that is releasable.

I've got all the releases running, but Release mode on Visual Studio must be used for stable operation.

The spatial mapping samples will run with minor modification.

override this routine as follows ...

public override Model GenerateModelFromSpatialSurface(SpatialMeshInfo surface)
        {
            return CreateModelFromVertexData(surface.VertexData, surface.IndexData);
        }

Just wanted to add to above comments on the versions of SharpReality that work.

Tracked back the instabilities on versions higher than 1.5.22 and found differences how Sound is used in Urho3d versions.

Modified my code and now stable on all UrhoSharp.SharpReality versions, and able to Release.