Visual Studio Tools for Xamarin 4.8.0.754 - How to download

mbaldonadombaldonado USMember ✭✭
edited March 2018 in General

I am using Visual Studio 2015 and i upgraded to the latest version of Xamarin and now getting errors. The release that worked before the recent update was Visual Studio Tools for Xamarin 4.8.0.754. Where can I download this version?

• mbaldonadombaldonado USMember ✭✭

I am using Visual Studio 2015 and i upgraded to the latest version of Xamarin and now getting errors. The release that worked before the recent update was Visual Studio Tools for Xamarin 4.8.0.754. Where can I download this version?

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

You can get Visual Studio Tools for Xamarin version 4.8.0.760 (slightly newer than version 4.8.0.754, but still part of the previous Xamarin 15.5 Release) from the "Get the previous servicing update of 15.5" section on the old Xamarin account page. If you don't currently have a login for that page, you can create one at https://www.xamarin.com/account/register.

I'll also message you the link for version 4.8.0.754 in case version 4.8.0.760 doesn't give you the expected behavior either.

Thanks Brenden. I appreciate the help. I'll try the 4.8.0.760 version and see if that will help the situation. Do you happen to know why the latest release is such a problem, is it conflicting with the new Windows updates?

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I haven't heard of any general compatibility issues, so if you're seeing a few different symptoms, they might be mostly coincidental. That said, I also might have missed some information, or your environment might be a particularly special case.

Thank you Brendan, the 4.8.0.760 version worked after installing and restart of visual studio.