Exception while trying to connect a server w/o a certificate

goldami1goldami1 Member ✭✭

Hi,

When I debug my app, I get exception on the line of code:
System.Net.ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback = (sender, certificate, chain, sslPolicyErrors) => true;

The exception is:
" Object of type 'System.Func`5[System.Object,System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Certificate,System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Chain,System.Net.Security.SslPolicyErrors,System.Boolean]' cannot be converted to type 'System.Net.Security.RemoteCertificateValidationCallback'. (ArgumentException)] "

Can't fix it in anyway I tried,
please help

Best Answer

Answers

• AdamMeaneyAdamMeaney USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Your line is missing the +=, you just have an =

• goldami1goldami1 Member ✭✭

It doesn't change anything. Still not working

• SYLENDRABABUJRSYLENDRABABUJR USMember ✭✭

Hi,

@goldami1,@AdamMeaney

For me also getting the same Exception at this line

System.Net.ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback = (sender, certificate, chain, sslPolicyErrors) => true;

The exception is:
    " Object of type 'System.Func`5[System.Object,System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Certificate,System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Chain,System.Net.Security.SslPolicyErrors,System.Boolean]' cannot be converted to type 'System.Net.Security.RemoteCertificateValidationCallback'. (ArgumentException)] "

I tried to set it in the MainActivity also but no use.

If I remove the below line and Setting EnableSsl=true geting the "The authentication or decryption has failed." error.

Please help me...

• AdamMeaneyAdamMeaney USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@SYLENDRABABUJR You have the exact same problem. You wrote

When you want

System.Net.ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback += (sender, certificate, chain, sslPolicyErrors) => true;

Hi Adam ,
    Thanks for you reply.I done that but I'm getting the new exception
    "The authentication or decryption has failed"
    You can download the Source code from the below link
    https://t.co/yjHqElCeMD

Hi Adam ,@AdamMeaney
    Thanks for you reply.I done that but I'm getting the new exception
    "The authentication or decryption has failed"
    You can download the Source code from the below link
    https://t.co/yjHqElCeMD