EventKit - Could not create an native instance of the type 'EventKit.EKEventStore': the native class

Hi guys

Hopefully this will be a quick one for you. We are adding the ability to create calendar events into our app.

When creating an instance of the EkEventStore I get the following error:
Could not create an native instance of the type 'EventKit.EKEventStore': the native class hasn't been loaded.

I am currently using two machines to do my development work, on one machine I don't get the error on the other I do so I am sure it is environmental, but not sure where to start looking!

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Graham

Tagged:

Answers

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

.> @g_whitehouse said:

Hi guys

Hopefully this will be a quick one for you. We are adding the ability to create calendar events into our app.

When creating an instance of the EkEventStore I get the following error:
    Could not create an native instance of the type 'EventKit.EKEventStore': the native class hasn't been loaded.

I am currently using two machines to do my development work, on one machine I don't get the error on the other I do so I am sure it is environmental, but not sure where to start looking!

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Graham

I haven't seen that error before, but make sure you have the calendar privacy text set in your info.plist and that the app has requested permission to access the calendar, and you have agreed of course.

• Hi John, thank you for the response!

I had already added the privacy text as encountered that one yesterday...

I worked around the problem in the end by using this plugin: CClarke.Plugin.Calendars (Cant post link...)

Seems to do everything I need which is great!

Still doesn't answer why the original issue happened though :-)

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a strange one, I don't use very many plugins and my eventkit work is extensive. Glad you found something that works for you though!