Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Tools for testing Xamarin UI on many Devices

XcodXamXcodXam RUMember ✭✭

Hello Everyone!
I need to testing one xamarin application UI on various Devices (Android and IOS ). But I don't want to create thousands virtual Devices in Visual Studio and then testing UI on each of them. I heard, that Xamarin Test Cloud can help with it, but Im absolutely do not know how to start? Have any one some manual or simple Example ?
Thanks!

Best Answers

Answers

• XcodXamXcodXam RUMember ✭✭

@rseostar said:
    Xamarin Test Cloud has been superseded by VS App Center, and it's really (really) easy to get up and running (for free).
    Here's a Channel 9 video that should help on UI testing specifically:
    Automate app UI tests with Visual Studio App Center

And here's one of their example repositories, with App Center setup:
    App Center Sample App

Hope that helps!

So, I need only my Xamarin App and Xamarin.UITest App. Then, I load
    both in to the VS App Center, and than I can test UI on All Devices ? That is enough for me?

• XcodXamXcodXam RUMember ✭✭

@JohnHardman But if I have only ios and Android, then I can use Xamarin.UITest in VS App Center for my Xamarin Application ?

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity admin

@XcodXam - Yes. Just alerting you in case you might need to support other platforms in future.