Master-Detail "Look and feel"

Hi, I have been searching for a tutorial on creating a menu like Gmail master-detail. I can do the functionality. I am just curious as to what controls are used to build that. My guess is.
Content.content

?
>

I want to create that beautiful looking menu with the icons. Is there some tutorial that discusses actually building that. Every tutorial assumes the person wants the Master-Detail functionality but I want the LOOK and Feel.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Best Answer

• PrinceHoffJrPrinceHoffJr US ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Thanks for the reply. You are correct, that is ultimately my question however, right now, it's not. I don't care about color theory or ergonomics of application. I would just like to know what controls are used to make the menu one sees when a master-detail menu is shown. Is it a ListView/TableView/GridView? within a ScrollView.

thanks again for the reply.

Answers

• PrinceHoffJrPrinceHoffJr USMember ✭✭

Ooops. my text was not shown. it should be
    Content.content
    stacklayout
    Grid ? = which will have 2 columns - 1 for label and the other for icon
    ListView = should this be used instead?

what is the pattern for creating that kind of menu? again, I don't care about the actual hamber menu and how it appears. I got that. I am concerned about the actual look and feel.

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

How to markdown your post so the parser doesn't eat your code or markup
    https://redpillxamarin.com/2016/12/13/faq-frequently-asked-questions/

So boiling down your question it really is:

How do I make good looking UI?

A: Practice. This is why there are people who are dedicated designers with training in color theory and ergonomics of application UI etc.

• PrinceHoffJrPrinceHoffJr USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Thanks for the reply. You are correct, that is ultimately my question however, right now, it's not. I don't care about color theory or ergonomics of application. I would just like to know what controls are used to make the menu one sees when a master-detail menu is shown. Is it a ListView/TableView/GridView? within a ScrollView.

thanks again for the reply.