Forum Xamarin.Android
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Error in Nugget

Xammy10Xammy10 Member ✭✭✭

Can someone explain to me why I'm having this error?

I just install android.support.v7, but i don't know why v4 also installed, i try uninstalling it, and I'm starting to have this error

IDK if its the Nugget package that has a problem.

Thanks in Advance :)

Answers

• Ahsan_SiddiqueAhsan_Siddique PKMember ✭✭✭✭

v4 Android Support Library and also v7 AppCompat Android Support Library. Both libraries dependencies are same because these are supporting designing of android. Therefore they are dependent on each other.

v4 Android Support Library dependencies

v7 AppCompat Android Support Library dependencies

• JonDouglasJonDouglas USXamarin Team, University, Developer Group Leader Xamurai
    V4 support packages have been split up into smaller packages. Thus you no longer need this NuGet package unless you want an easy way to download all these packages as one reference. Instead remove V4 from your project so you aren't adding duplicates to your project as other packages depend on the smaller packages.

https://developer.android.com/topic/libraries/support-library/packages.html#v4

@Ahsan_Siddique I'm not sure what you are referring to here. See my reply above for explanation.