I thought that downloading the Xamarin NuGet would pull all the dependencies along with it?

I installed the Xamarin NuGet into my solution and tried to run the app when I received this error:
Exception while loading assemblies: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load assembly 'PCLCrypto, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d4421c8a4786956c'. Perhaps it doesn't exist in the Mono for Android profile?
File name: 'PCLCrypto.dll'
at Java.Interop.Tools.Cecil.DirectoryAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference reference, ReaderParameters parameters) in /Users/builder/data/lanes/5749/75f8c683/source/xamarin-android/external/Java.Interop/src/Java.Interop.Tools.Cecil/Java.Interop.Tools.Cecil/DirectoryAssemblyResolver.cs:line 229
at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.AddAssemblyReferences(DirectoryAssemblyResolver resolver, ICollection`1 assemblies, AssemblyDefinition assembly, Boolean topLevel)
at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.Execute(DirectoryAssemblyResolver resolver) GridlockCardGame.Android

So I guess I'm missing an assembly somewhere, but I thought that the NuGet Manager would pull all that with the install.

Thank you for your time.

Answers

• abeLunaabeLuna Member ✭✭

Well I've found out that there are bugs in the Xamarin toolkit, but they don't tell you that when you are reading recipes or watching the videos on Microsoft Virtual Academy. This is a bug I read about on the Xamarin.Auth project located on gitHub: https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Auth/issues/236

I will go to the Xamarin.Android project and see if I can find my exact issue listed there.

I manually downloaded the PCLCrypto NuGet package and was able to run my project in the emulator.

Correction, the emulator now is giving me errors so the project now builds but won't run in the emulator.