Error while binding amazon ads sdk in xamarin

I'm trying to binding the amazon ads sdk in my project. I'm using the latest version (5.8.2).

I follow all the steps describe here :

https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/android/advanced_topics/binding-a-java-library/binding-a-jar/

After cleaning, and building, i had 5 errors:

Error CS0234 The type or namespace name 'MobileAdsLoggerFactory' does not exist in the namespace 'Com.Amazon.Device.Ads'

Error CS0234 The type or namespace name 'IAdControlCallback' does not exist in the namespace 'Com.Amazon.Device.Ads'

Error CS0234 The type or namespace name 'IAdSDKBridgeFactory' does not exist in the namespace 'Com.Amazon.Device.Ads'

I tried to fix that with adding all the other sdk parts of amazon API, but it brings me more errors like these.

I think they have forget to add these namespace into the SDK, am i right?

Thanks a lot!

Tagged:

Answers

• AndyFlisherAndyFlisher GBBeta, University ✭✭✭

Most likely is there is a dependency elsewhere so you'll need to bind that as well, do you have access to the original source to check that it's there?

• SamihELSAKHAWISamihELSAKHAWI USMember ✭✭
    edited February 2018

Well, after i decompile the jar, i found out that the namespaces are in the jar file, but they are not loaded when i build it in my project.

So I build with AndroidClassParser set to jar2xml and class-parse, the namespace MobileAdsLoggerFactory was include, but the two others are still exclude.

How can i add them?

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

isnt there already plugin for xamarin? could you achieve this?

• SamihELSAKHAWISamihELSAKHAWI USMember ✭✭

@batmaci said:

Hi,

Yes, a plugin existed to use Amazon ads for xamarin, but the plugin was discontinued, and it's no longer available.

I tried to used the Amazon SDK instead, but i have a lot of errors, i could solved... :'(

• giuliocolombogiuliocolombo ITMember

@SamihELSAKHAWI said:

@batmaci said:

Hi,

Yes, a plugin existed to use Amazon ads for xamarin, but the plugin was discontinued, and it's no longer available.

I tried to used the Amazon SDK instead, but i have a lot of errors, i could solved... :'(

Hi SamihELSAKHAWI, have you find a solution?