Can't deploy to iOS device

stesvisstesvis USMember ✭✭✭

I don't seem to be able to deploy my app to my development device, but i can deploy it to the simulator.
When I try to deploy on the phone it builds fine, and it looks like it's trying to deploy it (I see the orange bar in Visual Studio), but the I get this error:

The app has been terminated.
Launch failed. The app 'VeloGuideApp.iOS' could not be launched on 'Cristian's iPod touch'. Error: error MT1006: Could not install the application '/Users/stesvis/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/VeloGuideApp.iOS/6ee0c78da6bf8cf1ef3337469310aca5/bin/iPhone/Debug/VeloGuideApp.iOS.app' on the device 'Cristian's iPod touch': AMDeviceSecureInstallApplicationBundle returned: 0xe8000087 (kAMDIncorrectArchitectureError).
. Please check the logs for more details.
The app has been terminated.

What's wrong? All the packages (including Xamarin Forms) are up to date.

Thanks!

Tagged:

• ebyrockebyrock USMember ✭✭
    edited February 2018

I am not an iPhone/iPod user but it could be similar to Android where you need to turn on debugging mode. I think, some restriction is going and you should check your device settings.

This might help:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41494773/deploy-xamarin-app-to-ios-device?rq=1

• LyndonHugheyLyndonHughey USUniversity ✭✭✭

It seems to not like the architecture that you're building for. Can you confirm that you're building for Armv7 + Arm64?

• stesvisstesvis USMember ✭✭✭

Thanks @LyndonHughey I believe that was it!!

Thank you so much!

• LyndonHugheyLyndonHughey USUniversity ✭✭✭

Woohoo! Glad you got it resolved.

Yep, I managed to install it on the phone after that BUT...now every time I try it looks like VS is building the solution forever and never deploys again.
    No errors, it just hangs in there forever.

My coworker was always able to deploy to his iPhone but he's on a mac.

I tried from my Mac but I get the error "Android SDK not found".

I installed Android studio but still I can't find where the SDK is installed.. what a pain the iOS part...
  • patrickmzpatrickmz USMember ✭✭

Dear All,

I have same problem and I'm not an iPhone/iPod user can anyone help about this issue?
    I just connect the mac laptop and connected the iphone 4S with USB and then no result.

Best regards

@patrickmz sometimes the problem for me was that there was an xcode update on the mac, and after updating it, it worked
  • patrickmzpatrickmz USMember ✭✭

@stesvis said:
    @patrickmz sometimes the problem for me was that there was an xcode update on the mac, and after updating it, it worked

I'm using Xcode 8.2.1 but I can't update to the last xcode because I need new mac Sierra !

Hmmm that could be an issue