Forum Visual Studio

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Live player tries to connect to wrong IP ?

I have no experience with Xamarin at all and doing this for the first time.
I'm currently stuck on this guide: developer.xamarin.com/getting-started-android/
It seemed that I paired my machines successfully - Name of my phone name showed up in VS and I see green bird button on my phone.
But when I try to run the app, the output shows

Unable to deploy to Xiaomi Redmi 4A Player, please ensure the Xamarin Live Player app is open and the device is on the same network as Visual Studio.

I'm sure they on the same network and I don't think the port is blocked but before this massage it says:

Attempting connection to debug address: xyz:37847.

Isn't "xyz" suppose to be my phone IP address? Because it's not. "xyz" is not even listed in my router connected devices.
Is there any other way I can test the app on my phone?

PS. Please stop using those annoying "block all" windows...

Best Answer

• KurwaMacJaPiedoleKurwaMacJaPiedole Member
    Accepted Answer

Yes, it should be your phone IP. Did you maybe switched the your phone's network while the Xamarin Live Player App was running? Maybe it stored IP from first network and is sending this outdated address to VS? Maybe try to restart the app.

Answers

• KurwaMacJaPiedoleKurwaMacJaPiedole Member
    Accepted Answer

Yes, it should be your phone IP. Did you maybe switched the your phone's network while the Xamarin Live Player App was running? Maybe it stored IP from first network and is sending this outdated address to VS? Maybe try to restart the app.

• Thank you KurwaMacJaPiedole! I've restarted my phone and now VS connects successfully to correct address. :)