Forum Xamarin.Forms

The type or namespace name 'Xamarin' could not be found

i've Created a xamarin Cross-platform solution (Blank) and it runs normally on android emulator whenever i try to run it on xamarin Live Player i get the below errors

1- AppDelegate.cs(1,1): error: The type or namespace name 'Xamarin' could not be found in the global namespace (are you missing an assembly reference?)
2- AppDelegate.cs(1,1): error: 'AppDelegate.FinishedLaunching(UIApplication, NSDictionary)': no suitable method found to override
3- AppDelegate.cs(1,1): error: The name 'LoadApplication' does not exist in the current context
4- AppDelegate.cs(1,1): error: The type or namespace name 'App' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

i'm running VS 2017 ENT 15.5.6 on Windows 10 Pro. and everything is updated

Answers

• Ahsan_SiddiqueAhsan_Siddique PKMember ✭✭✭✭

You need to update your emulator because on live player your existing emulator are running. This problem of your AVD.

• AllamAllam USMember

Dear Ahsan,

Thank you so much for your reply, this issues only appears on my iPhone Live Player not on Android, everything works fine towards the Android, all issues appear when i set the iOS as a startup project and i'm using Xamarin Live Player as i dont have a mac to test on it.

• ouijalouijal Member

Any answer on this? Experiencing the same exact thing.

• BrianSavageBrianSavage USMember ✭✭

I have the same issue, any ideas please?

• Got the same issue and found the answer from @JamesMontemagno on another thread, using the latest test flight of version of live player fixed it for me. (Looks like I'm too new to the forum to post links)

• AllamAllam USMember

Dear @jasonmcbratney would you please try to send me the link in a private message and i'll post it here and thanks in advance.

• AllamAllam USMember

@jasonmcbratney i've followed your link and unfortunately it didnt fix my issue