Why does't the emulator start my App?

Everytime I want to run my app in the emulator, it stucks at this point and won't start the App.

I just copied the last part of the build, the last expression below is the one where it stucks, I was waiting for 30 minutes but nothing happened, the emulator is running, but just the homescreen.

Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\ReferenceAssemblies\Microsoft\Framework\MonoAndroid\v1.0\Facades\System.Xml.Xsl.Primitives.dll" /debug+ /debug:full /optimize- /out:obj\Debug\Buddy.Android.dll /ruleset:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Team Tools\Static Analysis Tools\Rule Sets\MinimumRecommendedRules.ruleset" /target:library /utf8output MainActivity.cs Resources\Resource.designer.cs Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs "C:\Users\Anel Delic\source\repos\Buddy\Buddy\Buddy\MyClass.cs" "C:\Users\Anel Delic\AppData\Local\Temp\MonoAndroid,Version=v7.0.AssemblyAttributes.cs" obj\Debug\TemporaryGeneratedFile_E7A71F73-0F8D-4B9B-B56E-8E70B10BC5D3.cs obj\Debug\TemporaryGeneratedFile_036C0B5B-1481-4323-8D20-8F5ADCB23D92.cs obj\Debug\TemporaryGeneratedFile_5937a670-0e60-4077-877b-f7221da3dda1.cs

1>Buddy.Android -> C:\Users\Anel Delic\source\repos\Buddy\Buddy\Buddy.Android\bin\Debug\Buddy.Android.dll

Answers

• Ahsan_SiddiqueAhsan_Siddique PKMember ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Your other apps are running on same emulator or not?

• delianedeliane Member

No i just have this one!

• Ahsan_SiddiqueAhsan_Siddique PKMember ✭✭✭✭

So create another simple app and test your emulator first.

• HowdyHoHowdyHo USMember ✭✭

Have you tried running a simple hello world app? Try that first. If a hello world app runs, then you just have to reprogram your app step by step and try to debug it.

• mannokmannok Member ✭✭

Are you running this in a VM?

btw, try to press ctrl+break in VS and you will find that the build process stopped without closing the emulator.
    After that you try to press debug button again in VS