Hamburger menu for all pages

boris_dvboris_dv USMember ✭✭

Hi, im currently creating an App which will have several pages. I want to have a static hamburger button accessible from all pages. How can i achieve this ?

I was thinking about creating Views instead of Pages and changing them inside a MasterDetailPage .. but then i need to create some other stuff as well (back button handling , own navigation stack etc.) ...

Is there any other option ? better or easier ?

Thanks for all tips.

Answers

• Xami3Xami3 PKMember, University ✭✭✭

well master page layout already exposes icon for you. so what you should do is create your pages(which you called "Views") these pages will be already shown with navigation bar. now if you want to use your custom one(which we did also) you can create a page with a header(simple grid with left icons and title property) and then using contentview or someother layout (Grid/Stacklayout) create your pages(which will not be of type page anymore). then on master listview selection change event change the view in this custom page. in this case it will have one control and one page. the views will be added/removed at runtime

• boris_dvboris_dv USMember ✭✭

@Xami3 said:
    well master page layout already exposes icon for you. so what you should do is create your pages(which you called "Views") these pages will be already shown with navigation bar. now if you want to use your custom one(which we did also) you can create a page with a header(simple grid with left icons and title property) and then using contentview or someother layout (Grid/Stacklayout) create your pages(which will not be of type page anymore). then on master listview selection change event change the view in this custom page. in this case it will have one control and one page. the views will be added/removed at runtime

Well thats exactly what i did .. i called ContentViews just "Views" ... and its working i was just curious if there is another option ...

Thanks

• Xami3Xami3 PKMember, University ✭✭✭

well i did not find any easier option than the above.