Android 7 - SQLite in Shared Project

Hello,

We have an existing app that is cross platform (has individual project for each platform and does not use Xamarin Forms) and each platform references the same shared project for core classes. One of these is for database access and we are using SQLite.

We have performed the "source installation" method (as outlined on the sqlite-net page) where we have the SQLite.cs file in the shared project (there are no Nuget references to sqlite packages). This has worked great for years but we are now getting the error about "unauthorized access to '/system/lib64/libsqlite.so'" which is due to changes in Android N and how native libraries are linked.

The problem I'm facing is that I don't know how to resolve this issue in our scenario. I've updated SQLite.cs to the latest version (from github repo linked above) but am still facing the issue. I'm unable to just convert the shared project to PCL since the existing app structure all depends on it being a shared project.

Can someone please offer advice on how to proceed?

Answers

• Ross_BRoss_B USMember ✭✭

Or, does anyone have information on how a shared project could be migrated to .NET standard project? In that way I could reference sqlite as a Nuget package. But I'm not sure how I would configure my cross-platform app to do dependency injection with a .NET standard project.

Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!