mmp hangs during App Store build with external file reference

KalidKalid USMember

I have my external dll working (thanks Rolf!), and the project runs fine in Debug/Release.

With an App store build (Mono included), mmp hangs on the "Merging Mono Runtime into app bundle" step (log):

Merging Mono Runtime into app bundle
/Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.Mac.framework/Versions/Current/usr/bin/mmp "-minos=10.6" --sdkroot "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer" -o "/Users/kazad/Dropbox/home/Projects/InstaCalcMac/InstaCalc/bin/x86/AppStore" -n "InstaCalc" --profile "4.0" -a "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.9/lib/mono/4.0/System.dll" -a "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.9/lib/mono/4.0/System.Xml.dll" -a "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.9/lib/mono/4.0/System.Core.dll" -a "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.9/lib/mono/4.0/System.Xml.Linq.dll" -a "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.9/lib/mono/4.0/System.Drawing.dll" -a "/Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.Mac.framework/Versions/Current/usr/lib/mono/XamMac.dll" -a "/Users/kazad/Dropbox/home/Projects/InstaCalcMac/InstaCalc/MASShortcut.dll" "/Users/kazad/Dropbox/home/Projects/InstaCalcMac/InstaCalc/bin/x86/AppStore/InstaCalc.exe"

The resulting app is doesn't work because InstaCalc.app/Contents/MacOS is empty. My workaround is compiling the app without the external libraries, saving these files off, rebuilding with the dll included, and copying over the working /Contents/MacOS folder.

Any idea why mmp would hang? Thanks for all the help. (Btw, Xamarin is letting me build a great native/web app hybrid, wanted to share :-)).

• RolfBjarneKvingeRolfBjarneKvinge USXamarin Team Xamurai

This looks like a bug, mmp shouldn't hang.

Can you file a bug at http://bugzilla.xamarin.com with a test case (this can be your entire project if that's easier for you).

• KalidKalid USMember

Thanks, will do. The app compiles properly when I have the "Don't Link" setting, but fails with Link or Link Framework.

• KalidKalid USMember

Filed a bug and included the project. Thanks.

• poupoupoupou CAMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

A quick note to say it's fixed (i.e. the hang won't occurs in new Xamarin.Mac releases).

The underlying issue was that a referenced assembly did not have the same casing as it's filename (and OSX is case sensitive). Renaming the assembly to match it's internal name solves this.

Thanks a lot for providing a test case!

• KalidKalid USMember

Appreciate the fast response guys! The fix above worked :).