How long do I need to wait before placing links in forum a post?

SimonScoffins.8049SimonScoffins.8049 USMember ✭✭
edited January 2018 in General

I get this message when trying to submit a post: "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links."

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• LankyKeLankyKe USMember ✭✭

Too much spam. Xamrin is finally getting started.

• SamirGunicSamirGunic Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018

I didn't even post a link. I tried to post an image and got the same message. (Yes, posting an image may require linking, but then I should not be allowed to upload an image to the server if I can't post it.)

So what's the verdict, how long did you have to wait Simon?

• SimonScoffins.8049SimonScoffins.8049 USMember ✭✭

Still waiting!

• SamirGunicSamirGunic Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018

I have sent a message to @KarinaUng, hopefully she will be able to help us both. So hang in there! B)

• SimonScoffins.8049SimonScoffins.8049 USMember ✭✭

Thanks, much appreciated!

• Viniciuscs01Viniciuscs01 USMember ✭✭

Trying to ask a question and getting the same message D:

• jimmmehjimmmeh Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

There seems to be some bug in the forum code because I am trying to ask a question with a couple of code blocks and I am getting the same message which is preventing me, not very useful for a forum like this!

EDIT: I think it's down to having XAML namespaces in my code block, still, slightly frustrating!

• RylaRyla Member ✭✭

I've been waiting for 2 months, ridiculous......

• JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hi @Ryla,

Sorry for the confusion. It's not time based, it's activity based. You should be good to go now!

• manicoder1manicoder1 USMember

same issue with me

• AntonVDWESAntonVDWES Member

How can we create our own questions?

• prasetiyoprasetiyo Member

Yolo, Welcome to the Forum.

• prasetiyoprasetiyo Member

owh, I can reply immediately, I think to reply a notification will appear "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links." LOL

• Same issue here :/

• naxoxonanaxoxona Member ✭✭

hi guys, I just register today and I have the same issue trying to explain a problem with screenshots of the App, is allowed to post images from Imgur?

thanks!!!!

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@naxoxona said:
    hi guys, I just register today and I have the same issue trying to explain a problem with screenshots of the App, is allowed to post images from Imgur?

thanks!!!!

Try now

@JohnHardman said:

@naxoxona said:

thanks!!!!

Try now

no @JohnHardman , i can not even create a new discussion only with text.

thanks for your interest!!!!

@naxoxona said:
    i can not even create a new discussion only with text.

Interesting. As a Community Moderator, there are various things I can do. But, unless I'm missing something (I tried one thing that looked like it might work, but sadly not), it appears that it requires a Forum Administrator to do what you need.

cc @JamesMontemagno @AlanClark

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod

@JohnHardman said:

@naxoxona said:

Interesting. As a Community Moderator, there are various things I can do. But, unless I'm missing something (I tried one thing that looked like it might work, but sadly not), it appears that it requires a Forum Administrator to do what you need.

Not much we can do but mark the user as verified but I don't think that sorts it....or stops the actual malicious spammers.

@NMackay said:

@JohnHardman said:

@naxoxona said:

Not much we can do but mark the user as verified but I don't think that sorts it....or stops the actual malicious spammers.

@NMackay , thanks guys for the interest and effort, looks like you have an overprotected forum XDD
    well, the regular users are really safe, this is good XD

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod

@naxoxona said:

@NMackay said:

@JohnHardman said:

@naxoxona said:

@NMackay , thanks guys for the interest and effort, looks like you have an overprotected forum XDD
    well, the regular users are really safe, this is good XD

It wasn't me, I'm just a glorified spam zapper :)

@NMackay said:

It wasn't me, I'm just a glorified spam zapper :)

hahaha, I know, I know, is a very very good thing, spam is hell....

@NMackay said:
    Not much we can do but mark the user as verified but I don't think that sorts it....

Yeah, that's what I tried.

• SophiemartonSophiemarton Member

Thanks for this post I am also want to know the answer to this question but in your post, I found my answer thanks to everyone

• ToaiDuongToaiDuong Member ✭✭

I have exactly the same issue. I cannot post any question although I am a new member.
    Please Helps

• vishnutejavishnuteja USMember ✭✭
    edited September 6

remove '@' tags and post normaly