How do you use Xamarin Android Device Manager and API below 19?

Hi,

I installed the Xamarin Android Device Manager and downloaded the "Android 4.0.3 ..." in the SDK and tools manager but the system image never appear in the list of system image.

There is no image below API 19, even if they are intalled.

Thanks

Answers

• JonDouglasJonDouglas USXamarin Team, University, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

@AlexLapointe

Make sure that you are changing the tag.id to google_apis as google_apis_playstore is only available in newer APIs like 24+.

• AlexLapointeAlexLapointe USMember ✭✭

Still can't have something below API 19.

I downloaded all the image for this.

• veeru3112veeru3112 INMember ✭✭

Hi, you can also use Genymotion to debug the app on any API versions, this might solve your problem.

• ervaerva USMember ✭✭

@JonDouglas said:
    @AlexLapointe

Make sure that you are changing the tag.id to google_apis as google_apis_playstore is only available in newer APIs like 24+.

Thanks @JonDouglas That saved me

• YasarYucelYesilbagYasarYucelYesilbag USMember ✭✭

Hi,

I also struggled against the problem described at the original post. At Xamarin Android Device Manager, dropdown lists show "supported" options, no matter needed images are installed or not; it just warns "A new device image will be downloaded". That's what made me think that it has nothing to do with installed/not-installed images, but some cpu/api combinations are supported by Xamarin Android Device Manager, and some are not.

My aim was to create an API 15/android 4.0.3 virtual device but I ended up with an API 19/android 4.4 virtual device (armeabi-v7a).

(Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 Version 15.7.1)
    (Xamarin 4.10.0.442, Xamarin Designer 4.12.264, Xamarin.Android SDK 8.3.0.19, Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Mac SDK 11.10.1.177)

• freezer27freezer27 Member ✭✭

tag.id is not appear in the Properties list and I can't add it.

• AngelieriAngelieri USMember ✭✭

I'm in trouble with compatibility on API 17 devices but not able to reproduce due lack of virtual device.
    Any thoughts here?