Forum Xamarin Xamarin.Forms

NavigationBar transparent and back to color?

AdrianGhiAdrianGhi USMember ✭✭
edited January 2018 in Xamarin.Forms

Hi, I have a project in Xamarin.Forms, and what I'm trying to achieve is the following:
- when I open the page
- when I scroll up the picture becomes a NavigationBar.

Can I do this in XF? I already tried, but if I SetHasNavigationBar to false, it disappears, and I don't have the drawer menu.... If I set BarBackgroundColor to Transparent, the bar will become white and will remain there.

Any suggestions?

Answers

• seanydaseanyda GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@AdrianGhi said:
    Hi, I have a project in Xamarin.Forms, and what I'm trying to achieve is the following:
    - when I open the page
    - when I scroll up the picture becomes a NavigationBar.

Can I do this in XF? I already tried, but if I SetHasNavigationBar to false, it disappears, and I don't have the drawer menu.... If I set BarBackgroundColor to Transparent, the bar will become white and will remain there.

Any suggestions?

I would build the page as a Grid, and use the nuget SlideOverKit to pull this off. I think you're going to have trouble getting it working with the build in navigation.

• you might need to write your own custom renderer for Navigation Bar, or have a look at http://www.xamboy.com/2017/12/06/navigation-bar-customization-in-xamarin-forms/

• AdrianGhiAdrianGhi USMember ✭✭

@seanyda I don't know how to use this slide for what I need.. I looked on the xamples, but I don't know how to implement...

@adityadeshpande I've already tried your example, but it doesn't work in my project.. I've tried to center my title using that example, and it looks like it doesn't work in my application.

• seanydaseanyda GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@AdrianGhi said:
    @seanyda I don't know how to use this slide for what I need.. I looked on the xamples, but I don't know how to implement...

@adityadeshpande I've already tried your example, but it doesn't work in my project.. I've tried to center my title using that example, and it looks like it doesn't work in my application.

Documentation and samples are located here:
    http://www.xam-consulting.com/slideoverkit-xamarin-forms/

• LakshyaLakshya Member ✭✭✭

@AdrianGhi Did you get any solution?