Cannot create an outlet using storyboard with Xamarin

iKaniKan USMember

I am trying to use Storyboard with Xamarin but having some difficulties. I created a Single view application and used the story board to create a single button. I then go back to Xamarin to let the changes synchronize and go back to storyboard. I click on the assistant editor where I see the .h controller file. I hold the CTRL button and click and drag into the .h file where I see "Inset Action" but nothing else. Is there any reason I cannot create Outlets following these steps?

• DimitrisTavlikosDimitrisTavlikos GRInsider, University ✭✭

You are most likely Ctrl-dragging to the ".m" (implementation) file and not the ".h" (header) file. Ever since Xcode 5, whenever a XIB or a Storyboard is opened through Xamarin Studio, opening the Assistant editor brings up the implementation file by default. Just click on the file name at the top and select the header file from the list.

• iKaniKan USMember

Thanks that was it!

• ShaunLynch.9419ShaunLynch.9419 USMember, University

Is there a reason XCode has started doing this since v5? This has caught us out a few times, but now we know to switch the file. Just wonder why it's doing this all of a sudden?

• DimitrisTavlikosDimitrisTavlikos GRInsider, University ✭✭

Is there a reason XCode has started doing this since v5? This has caught us out a few times, but now we know to switch the file. Just wonder why it's doing this all of a sudden?

Not sure, I haven't looked into it. I will at some point, as it is an issue for me. When having to work with multiple UI files it gets a bit annoying.