How turn on mobile data in Xamarin.Android?

ARTEBELARTEBEL Member
edited January 2018 in Xamarin.Android

How turn on mobile data in Xamarin.Android? If my application have all permissions, but my device dont have root

Answers

• Ahsan_SiddiqueAhsan_Siddique PKMember ✭✭✭✭

Simply you need to update your mobile Android API Level...

• ARTEBELARTEBEL Member
    edited January 2018

@Ahsan_Siddique said:
    Simply you need to update your mobile Android API Level...

For example, api level 23? In my application current api level is 21.

Are you testing your application on real device or virtual device ??
    If you are testing on virtual device then you need to update your emulator + SDK API level to Marshmallow 6.0 or Nougat 7.0 and you are testing on real device then you should change your mobile device.

• ARTEBELARTEBEL Member

@Ahsan_Siddique said:
    Are you testing your application on real device or virtual device ??
    If you are testing on virtual device then you need to update your emulator + SDK API level to Marshmallow 6.0 or Nougat 7.0 and you are testing on real device then you should change your mobile device.

I test it on real device with Android 7.1.1 and api level 23+. It dont give me any effect. Maybe I have some problems with my source code? Because I not found working examples who make set mobile data enabled. Does you have any working examples?

You want to add functionality of mobile data on off in your application??Or just want enable feature of mobile data in your application??

• ARTEBELARTEBEL Member

@Ahsan_Siddique said:
    You want to add functionality of mobile data on off in your application??Or just want enable feature of mobile data in your application??

First. I'm working on application, which has automaticly enable mobile data via sms. My application completely extract received message and enable WI-FI connection (for example), but I can't imagine some functoin which make same operation with mobile data.

• WelingtonBRWelingtonBR Member ✭✭

Hi @ARTEBEL

Did you get any solution?