Forum Xamarin.Forms

Xamarin.Forms CardsView nuget package

13»

Posts

  • kavitap810kavitap810 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

    @kavitap810 said:

    @AndreiMisiukevich_ said:
    I think that's something with bindings. If you create a small sample with this issue, I will take a look at what's wrong.
    But I am sure that's something not related to CardsView because cards view is just a layout that shows other views&layouts.

    Can you build a very small project and send it to me (or fork my repository and reproduce this bug there)

    yes okay. I will try and fork your repository and reproduce this bug there but that may take time (PS: This binding issue on swiping is intermediate).

    Meanwhile, I am facing issue on UWP, with same code carousel pages are not getting swiped. It gives error - "Value does not fall within the expected range". Do you have any idea regarding the cause of it?

    I have not done any declaration for in UWP App.cs i.e. CardsViewRenderer.Preserve(); for this package. Is it required? As it's not present in your git sample and I am using latest version 2.6.1

    Update - UWP Issue got resolved after setting IsCyclical="False".
    Can you tell me the significance of below properties :
    1) MoveThresholdDistance
    2)IsViewReusingEnabled
    3)OppositePanDirectionDisablingThreshold
    4) and if IsPanInteractionEnabled is set to false, setting IsPanSwipeEnabled =true, would have any impact ?

  • AndreiMisiukevich_AndreiMisiukevich_ USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

    @kavitap810 UWP doesn't require to call CardsViewRenderer.Preserve() because the specific renderer doesn't exist.

  • AndreiMisiukevich_AndreiMisiukevich_ USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

    1) MoveThresholdDistance - Android property (Threshold for starting view movement during user interaction. Points)
    2) IsViewReusingEnabled (Is view caching enabled or not)
    3) OppositePanDirectionDisablingThreshold (Threshold for resolving if current interaction horizontal or vertical. And disable it if it's vertical. Points)
    4) and if IsPanInteractionEnabled is set to false, setting IsPanSwipeEnabled =true, would have any impact? (No)

  • kavitap810kavitap810 Member ✭✭

    @AndreiMisiukevich_ said:
    @kavitap810 UWP doesn't require to call CardsViewRenderer.Preserve() because the specific renderer doesn't exist.

    Hello @AndreiMisiukevich_
    Thanks for your response. I am able to swipe windows carousel view, however, on multiple swipes back and forth it still gives me error "Value does not fall within the expected range".
    It works fine on Android and IOS.

    Attaching stack trace for this exception. Can you please me with this asap?

  • AndreiMisiukevich_AndreiMisiukevich_ USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

    @kavitap810 that looks like XF issue. Try to replace Frame by ContentView

  • kavitap810kavitap810 Member ✭✭

    @AndreiMisiukevich_ said:
    @kavitap810 that looks like XF issue. Try to replace Frame by ContentView

    I don't have any Frame Renderer in my code. Is it in your PanCardView source code?

  • AndreiMisiukevich_AndreiMisiukevich_ USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

    @kavitap810 said:

    @AndreiMisiukevich_ said:
    @kavitap810 that looks like XF issue. Try to replace Frame by ContentView

    I don't have any Frame Renderer in my code. Is it in your PanCardView source code?

    No, then it's anything different.
    Well, this XF bug, I believe. Because CardsView on UWP even doesn't have own renderer :)

  • kavitap810kavitap810 Member ✭✭

    Okay, not sure but could it be related to these issues - https://github.com/AndreiMisiukevich/CardView/issues/335 or https://github.com/AndreiMisiukevich/CardView/issues/314

    Also, do you have any workaround to deal with this ? :)

  • kavitap810kavitap810 Member ✭✭

    @AndreiMisiukevich_ said:

    @kavitap810 said:

    @AndreiMisiukevich_ said:
    @kavitap810 that looks like XF issue. Try to replace Frame by ContentView

    I don't have any Frame Renderer in my code. Is it in your PanCardView source code?

    No, then it's anything different.
    Well, this XF bug, I believe. Because CardsView on UWP even doesn't have own renderer :)

    Hello Again,
    I did some research for this bug and it did look like a XF issue. But it looks like the issue of FrameRenderer, and when we don't have any FrameRender in our application, then what could be cause if this issue? Any idea ?

    Also, i checked that you are using XF version 4.6.0.800 but I am using XF 4.5.0.617, could it be anything because of this , and I should try your package's older version?

    Reference links I checked out :
    1. https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/issues/4756
    2. https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/issues/5886
    3. https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/pull/6557

  • AndreiMisiukevich_AndreiMisiukevich_ USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

    @kavitap810 Do you use arrows or indicators from this package? If yes, try to remove them and run the app

  • kavitap810kavitap810 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

    @AndreiMisiukevich_ said:
    @kavitap810 Do you use arrows or indicators from this package? If yes, try to remove them and run the app

    I was using indicators control, removed it. But still getting this exception.

  • AndreiMisiukevich_AndreiMisiukevich_ USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

    @kavitap810 sorry, I have no idea how to workaround it. But that's definitely XF bug.

    You can fork my repository and try to play with it.

  • Have a look at full step by step tutorial to create cover flow in Xamarin form
    http://mobilecodes.tech/index.php/2020/11/27/xamarin-forms-how-to-create-cover-flow-animation-in-xamarin-forms/

Sign In or Register to comment.