Forum Xamarin Test Cloud (Read Only)
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Xamarin Test Recorder Does not work

DathaDatha USMember ✭✭

I am trying to record steps in xamarin test recorder for a Test Case. Test recorder launches the app on the device but it is unable to record steps. Any help is appreciated.

My Environment
Samsung Galaxy S6 (7.0/ API24)
Visual Studio For Mac Community 7.2.2(build 7)
Xamarin.iOS
Version: 11.2.1.0 (Visual Studio Community)
Xamarin.Android
Version: 8.0.2.1 (Visual Studio Community)

Packages:-
Xamarin UITest - 2.0.10
NUnit - 2.6.4
Xamarin TestCloud Agent - 0.21.4

Xamarin Test Recorder:- 1.0.2

Note:- I tried recording the steps in Android 6.0, but the problem is, the app freezes after 3-4 record steps.

Answers

• DathaDatha USMember ✭✭
    edited January 2018
  • DathaDatha USMember ✭✭

This is what I'm doing, build the solution in release mode and once the build is done, open Xamarin Test Recorder select the Device and App(by selecting the .apk file) and it automatically runs the app and installs it on the device. The problem starts right at this stage, I click the record button and start clicking on the buttons in the app/ swipe between the views or scroll etc., the test recorder does not record any of the steps.

I updated the test recorder by checking the updates in Update channel (master/ weekly/ dev), I am still experiencing the same problem.