Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Iphone X asset options missing from assets.xcassets

BenjaminTooleBenjaminToole USMember ✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in Xamarin.Forms

Visual studio for mac is not showing any options for iphone x in the icon or launch screen section inside my project.

Just updated to latest version of ios for Xamarin but still not showing up.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• seanydaseanyda GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn't for me either and I'm running the latest. I think the iPhone X uses the 2x or 3x icons. Just setup the app with these icons and the app won't get rejected.

Just make sure you have got the 1024x1024 one which is the newest one out (in the screenshot above).

• BenjaminTooleBenjaminToole USMember ✭✭✭

The issue I'm having is the app is not filling the entire screen on iphone x, and I read the way to fix this was to include launch images for iphone x

• seanydaseanyda GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@BenjaminToole said:
    The issue I'm having is the app is not filling the entire screen on iphone x, and I read the way to fix this was to include launch images for iphone x

That's something different again, Try copying the below settings in your info.plist

Make sure Main Interface is empty, and Launch Screen has the LaunchScreen AssetCatalog selected.

• BenjaminTooleBenjaminToole USMember ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018 Accepted Answer

found the answer here: https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/103255/use-full-height-of-iphone-x

I guess iOS 11+ is mandating future launch images be made through a storyboard