Forum Xamarin.iOS

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Access to Older Versions of Xamarin.IOS

On the download page there is no longer any access to anything prior to V15.4. Is there still a method to get access to versions older than that ?

Answers

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited December 2017

You can find Xamarin.iOS SDK packages for Mac dating back to the "Xamarin Cycle 9 Release" from the open source continuous builds server, using the links that look like "xamarin-macios-builds-*". My strategy is to look through the Artifact URLs pages for a few builds preceding the release date of the published package (from the Xamarin team Release Blog) to find the package that matches the published version number. One detail to keep in mind is that Xamarin.iOS versions that align with new Xcode releases (rather than new Xamarin feature releases) come from the "*-xcode*" branches rather than the "*-d15*" branches. The branch name for any particular Xamarin.iOS version can be found in the release notes. Here are the last several link names corresponding to the branch names:

// Xamarin.iOS 11.3:  xamarin-macios-builds-xcode9.1
    // Xamarin.iOS 11.2:  xamarin-macios-builds-d15-4
    // Xamarin.iOS 11.0:  xamarin-macios-builds-xcode9
    // Xamarin.iOS 10.12: xamarin-macios-builds-d15-3
    // Xamarin.iOS 10.10: xamarin-macios-builds-d15-2
    // Xamarin.iOS 10.8:  xamarin-macios-builds-d15-1
    // Xamarin.iOS 10.6:  xamarin-macios-builds-xcode8.3

(I double-checked to make sure that all the Stable channel Xamarin.iOS versions going back to the "Xamarin Cycle 9 Release" were present (they were). It looks like most of the releases aligned with various Xcode 8 versions before the "Xamarin Cycle 9 Release" are also there.)

If you need a package older than the "Xamarin Cycle 9 Release," have trouble locating one of the packages, or have trouble downloading from that server, one option available at the moment is to create a support incident via the link on https://www.xamarin.com/support to request the particular Xamarin.iOS SDK package versions you need.

• Hello,

Thanks Brendan for the link.
    I have downloaded the xamarin.ios-10.12.3.3.pkg from the xamarin-macios-builds-d15-3.
    I understand it's an installer for Mac. I ran it. But I don't know where I can find the Xamarin.iOS.dll ?
    I am looking for an older Xamarin.iOS.dll than the one I had on my Visual Studio in order to resolve this issue :

MapKit.MKClusterAnnotation (used as a return type in apKit.MKMapView/_MKMapViewDelegate.CreateClusterAnnotation) is not available in iOS 10.3 (it was introduced in iOS 11.0). Please build with a newer iOS SDK.

Thanks.

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I don't know where I can find the Xamarin.iOS.dll

I'm not sure I understand the question. If it's useful, the Xamarin.iOS.dll file is located in the following locations after installation:

/Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/*/lib/32bits/
    /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/*/lib/64bits/

But you shouldn't need the exact location of Xamarin.iOS.dll to reference it from your app because the build system can find it automatically, as long as /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/Current is a symbolic link to the version directory you want to use (/Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/10.12.3.3 in your example). You can check the current target of the symbolic link for example in a Terminal.app command prompt:

ls -ld /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/Current

Example output:

lrwxr-xr-x 1 macuser staff 8 Dec 15 16:39 /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/Current -> 11.6.1.2

• SheikMydeenMuthuSheikMydeenMuthu Member ✭✭
    edited October 2020

Hi @BrendanZagaeski
    My Question is how to downgrade xamarin.iOS 14.0.0.0 to xamarin.iOS 11.0 ?
    In my case installed Xcode 9 ( my mac OS only supports this version). but I have visual studio 2019 for mac. And download xamarin.iOS.11.0 as you said.