CS0103 The name 'Resource' does not exist

2»

Posts

  • AshPetersonAshPeterson USMember

    Anyone know of a fix for this?

  • DimChrisDimChris USMember ✭✭✭
    I think it has fixed in latest vs2017 latest released
  • EspectrosEspectros Member ✭✭

    Is not fixed yet.
    I'm able to build and deploy the project in my case but that error is simply annoying.

  • DimChrisDimChris USMember ✭✭✭

    Try an older xamarin version.

  • I'm facing same issue. I'm using latest version of VS for MAC (7.6.10). Anyone found solution?

  • CharwakaCharwaka INMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

    @SnehalJadhav.0403 said:
    I'm facing same issue. I'm using latest version of VS for MAC (7.6.10). Anyone found solution?

    have you tried these steps

    Clean the solution
    Build each project one at at time from the top, down
    Then Rebuild solution
    Then run -(if not working)

    Paste Entire Output Log Here

  • hexagodhexagod Member ✭✭✭

    @Charwaka said:

    @SnehalJadhav.0403 said:
    I'm facing same issue. I'm using latest version of VS for MAC (7.6.10). Anyone found solution?

    have you tried these steps

    Clean the solution
    Build each project one at at time from the top, down
    Then Rebuild solution
    Then run -(if not working)

    Paste Entire Output Log Here

    Yeah, I tried that, and it didn't work. Resolution for me was backing up to an old version of my app and copy pasting code from the newer one into the old buildable version. Luckily, I've got 20 versions saved.

    This resources bug seems pretty prominent. ... I haven't downloaded the latest update though. Need to do that

  • DimChrisDimChris USMember ✭✭✭

    The problem has been fixed in newer xamarin's editions. I tried version vs2017 15.8.5. Everything is working fine!

  • SnehalJadhav.0403SnehalJadhav.0403 USMember ✭✭
    edited November 2018

    @Charwaka , I tried the same but its not working. Please check attached build log. I'm using VS for MAC latest version 7.6.10

  • CharwakaCharwaka INMember ✭✭✭✭✭

    @SnehalJadhav.0403 said:
    @Charwaka , I tried the same but its not working. Please check attached build log. I'm using VS for MAC latest version 7.6.10

    i can see build succeed here , i am not getting whats exactly your problem now ?

  • angel_garciaangel_garcia Member

    I have been suffering this problem since a long time ago across different Visual Studio and Xamarin versions...
    Last time I solved it by closing VS and then deleting the ".vs" folder of the project.
    Once the solution was reopened everything was fine. Hope it helps someone. They should really fix it, it has been like this long enough.

  • saeeddsaeedd Member

    i am using VS2015 after i had update xamarin to new version it appears!!

  • DimChrisDimChris USMember ✭✭✭

    I think that xamarin has long time that it doesn't make updates for vs 2015. Just go in vs 2017 last edition. They have fix most of the bugs.

  • LewXamLewXam Member

    I had this issue, in my case I accidentally changed the BUILD ACTION for the Resource.Designer.cs to something other than COMPILE. I changed it back and now it works just fine. Maybe it helps someone...

2»
Sign In or Register to comment.