Forums Maintenance Announcement: Logging In

DominicNDominicN USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai
edited December 2017 in General

Hello everyone!

As part of our ongoing improvements coupled with an effort to decrease spam in our community, we’ve begun to decouple forums accounts from Xamarin’s single sign-on account system. Previous posts, achievements, and other forums activity history remain the same. As the changes roll out, you'll need to reset your password before logging in. If you're already logged in, you should be able to stay logged in until your login cookie expires (and I'd recommend this!).

Over the next couple of days, you may see intermittent periods where you'll be unable to log in. If you get caught during one of these times, I'd like to apologize in advance for the inconvenience and request that you try your login again a little later.

Thanks in advance for your understanding as we work to make the forums a better place. Please reach out to me via accounts at xamarin.com if you have any trouble moving forward.

Cheers!

• knottydevknottydev USMember ✭✭
    edited December 2017

Is there any plan to integrate with Microsoft Login? Also, can we please change the password policy to something more industry standard?

• christopherpolskachristopherpolska PLUniversity ✭✭✭

So do we have any progress here? :) maybe this one login for everything would be best?

• MN1MN1 USMember

Hi everyone, I noticed that there is also a Microsoft Visual Studio developer Community tab for VS mac for reporting issues. Any plans for merging the two forums?

• diockmandiockman Member ✭✭
    Hey, do you know how can I make a cross-platform (ios and android) application that automatically blocks websites from mobile browsers(ex. chrome, opera mini, etc)? For example in my xamarin app I input 'facebook.com' as one of the website to block, when I open a mobile browser and enter 'facebook.com' I can no longer access it. Please Help me, thank you!
  • JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@diockman - You've already asked this question twice in new forum threads. Please do not spam the forums by asking the same question again, do not hijack existing threads, and particularly do not hijack existing threads about unrelated topics (this one is about forum maintenance).

@JohnHardman i am really sorry, it was just a desperate move. No one replies in my thread about this question, I don't know how could I ever find something like that for my project.
  • JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@diockman said:
    @JohnHardman i am really sorry, it was just a desperate move. No one replies in my thread about this question, I don't know how could I ever find something like that for my project.

People who are paid to provide support typically don't work weekends. Most of the unpaid community members who answer many/most of the questions here also do not work weekends. Plus your question is an unusual one, to which the answer is likely to be that you cannot do what you are asking, or if you can then you are dependent on platform-specific APIs that most people won't have used. Even on much more typical questions, questions go unanswered. I have multiple questions stretching back 3-4 years that have never been answered. That's just the way it is sometimes. If your question is one that doesn't get answered, contact Xamarin support direct, as per the post at https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/133433/the-microsoft-xamarin-support-team-is-here-to-help#latest . If you do get an answer to your question that way, please share the answer back in the forum afterwards.

@JohnHardman Thank you, and I'm sorry again.