[iOS] Blank screen when navigating to another page

KnotsKnots ✭✭USMember ✭✭

Hi,

We have a Xamarin Forms app, that compiles and runs normally on Android and iOS. Visual Studio Team Services is used for continues integration, which seems to work perfectly: we pull code into certain branches and after a while HockeyApp mails us there is a new version available. The compiling takes place on a Mac. (Mac In Cloud)

After downloading the app via HockeyApp:

• The Android version works as it did before pushing the code to VSTS.
  • The iOS version shows a black screen after the initial (login) page.

Why would the iOS version be any different after building it with VSTS?

I've tried the xbuild and MSBuild settings and both result in a different app.
Am I missing something?

Best Answer

• KnotsKnots ✭✭ US ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

It turned out there was an update for the MacInCloud VSTS Agent that had to be requested, so they wouldn't break legacy builds.
    The old version compiled using the iOS 10.3 SDK, whereas I used 11.1.

This problem is solved! (Though the update on MacInCloud broke the Android build -_-')

Answers

• DarshanJSDarshanJS ✭✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭✭

@Knots :

if i am not wrong please check once whether you missed any images to add in iOS platform resources folder. That you have used in navigating page

• KnotsKnots ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

@DarshanJS : There are no image missing in Git, nor are there any images used in the page we're navigating to.
    The page we're settings as the MainPage is a MasterDetailPage. (So it's not 'navigating' to it using a Navigation class.)

I'll check if it works if we move to another, simple page.

I've tried settings the MainPage to a simple page: a page that only contains a Label with a hard coded text in it. Even that results in a blank screen after logging in.

Dozens of popups were added to the logic, to check if some exception is generated, but it shows everything runs fine, up until the point where the MainPage is set to another page.

Accepted Answer

It turned out there was an update for the MacInCloud VSTS Agent that had to be requested, so they wouldn't break legacy builds.
    The old version compiled using the iOS 10.3 SDK, whereas I used 11.1.

This problem is solved! (Though the update on MacInCloud broke the Android build -_-')