Xamarin-Forms-Books-Samples-Master use PCL or Shared Project

This code for the book "Creating Mobile Apps with Xamarin Forms" is newer than the book. How can I tell if the new code(or any Xamarin forms) is using net.standard, PCL or shared project?

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

Code is code. C# is C#. Its the same C# for all the project types. The types denote the code sharing strategy.

• WillHamptonWillHampton USMember ✭✭

Thank you, doesn't really matter. It works.

The git code really helped me get the chapter 11 class hierarchy code to work. My problem seemed to be that the project will not work in net.standard

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

"Will not work" is a lot vague.

Sorry for vagueness. The app(my version of CH11 Class Hierarchy with a net.standard ) crashes when I try to run it in debug mode on a Samsung galaxy S7 running nougat. The message on phone is "ClassHierarchy.android Keeps stopping X close app". Visual Studio says app is debugging, and no more. When I put a breakpoint on Initializecomponent, I get the same on phone, and don't get to IntializeComponent breakpoint.
    There are no errors IntelliSense picks up (am using windows 10, visual Studio 2017). I don't know how to troubleshoot this further, but would like direction on how to dig deeper. Should I start another thread?
    Thanks