Is it possible to deploy a release build to an iOS device without iTunes?

JohnOsbornJohnOsborn USMember ✭✭

I am able to deploy the debug build to my iPhone and I am able to run in a simulator; however, I would like to deploy a release or ad hoc build to my iPhone for testing. Is it possible to do this without going through TestFlight or iTunes?

Best Answer

Answers

• JohnOsbornJohnOsborn USMember ✭✭
    edited December 2017

I went through all the provisioning docs in order to be able to debug on the device. I would like to deploy to my device using an ad hoc provisioning. I'm pretty sure I set up the certificates and provisioning correctly, but I am unable to deploy the app to the device using Visual Studio. To deploy to the device directly without going through iTunes, is it always necessary to sign with a developers certificate or can this be done with a distribution certificate? I ask because I'm trying to debug Azure push notifications and I would like to try using production mode instead of sandbox.

• JohnOsbornJohnOsborn USMember ✭✭

Thanks, that was the answer I was looking for.

• Milind_RajMilind_Raj Member ✭✭

I am able to deploy the app on my iPhone. However, I want others to test it as well. Testflight is no longer available according to the email I received a while ago. Any ideas as to how to distribute it for certain people to download and test it on their devices?

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @xcalculus said:
    > I am able to deploy the app on my iPhone. However, I want others to test it as well. Testflight is no longer available according to the email I received a while ago. Any ideas as to how to distribute it for certain people to download and test it on their devices?

Your information is incorrect, TestFlight is still live.
  • GerryHGerryH USMember ✭✭✭
    edited August 7

I see that

"You can use your developer certificate with a release configuration to deploy to your device. The device still needs to be on that dev certificate though."

Can I use my distribution **certificate with a **release configuration to deploy to my device? Also how is a device "on" a certificate?