Problem after Xamarin update

Hi there
After Xamarin update I cannot deploy the app to device (it builds Ok though):

Java.Lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate activity ComponentInfo{SSCApp.Droid/md5983104ebd031e37969f76a111125273a.MainActivity}: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "md5983104ebd031e37969f76a111125273a.MainActivity" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/SSCApp.Droid-1/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/SSCApp.Droid-1/lib/arm, /vendor/lib, /system/lib]]

What can cause that?

My Visual Studio info:

Xamarin 4.8.0.754 (2a34af5)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android.

Xamarin Designer 4.8.183 (2577c82ea)
Visual Studio extension to enable Xamarin Designer tools in Visual Studio.

Xamarin.Android 8.1.0.13 (f241f51)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.Android.

Xamarin.Android SDK 8.1.1.1 (HEAD/5d942bd12)
Xamarin.Android Reference Assemblies and MSBuild support.

Xamarin.iOS 11.6.1.2 (6857dfc)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS.

Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Mac SDK 11.6.1.2 (6857dfc)
Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Mac Reference Assemblies and MSBuild support.

Thanks.

• KingDavid3KingDavid3 USMember ✭✭
    edited December 2017

I'm having a similar Issue.

I am unable to Deploy my Android Application, builds fine.

When deploying I received The following error: Error: android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #28: Error inflating class ...

also this error occurred java.lang.classnotfoundexception didn't find class on path dexpathlist

All errors came about when adding a Third party Library like RoundedImageView or the CircleImageView by James Montemagno.

UPDATE* This issue after 3 hours of continuously receiving the error and looking into MultiDex and rabbit holing resolved by itself. (Ahh Yes the magical "It Works, and I don't know why")

The only change I did was disconnected all Devices from my laptop waited for about 30 minutes and tried to deploy and it worked.

Not sure what the deal is as right now as my resolution is Magical( I am able to use the Third Part Libraries as well).

• Same problem here too, really frustrating. Leaving me clueless..

• FischerFischer CZMember

I have the same problem on Visual Studio 15.5.2.

• DannyLloydDannyLloyd USMember ✭✭

I am having the same problem. If someone figures this out, please post a fix. 15.5.2 also.

• ErikaBErikaB MXMember ✭✭

I have the same problem, I even asked a question about it but nobody answered it... I hope we can find a solutionI

• simonwangsimonwang CAMember ✭✭

I have similar issue with error when deploy/lanuch App:

Java.Lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get provider md562a154ca8772b4a36eb2b02ddfba4e36.ClevestFileContentProvider: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "md562a154ca8772b4a36eb2b02ddfba4e36.ClevestFileContentProvider" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/smartdeviceapp.smartdeviceapp-1/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/smartdeviceapp.smartdeviceapp-1/lib/arm, /vendor/lib, /system/lib]]

It was working fine in VS 2015; it happened when I upgrade to VS 2017 15.5 or version 15.0.

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Bugzilla cross-reference

• LarsNymandLarsNymand DKMember ✭✭

I am getting this to.

• XamITXamIT USMember ✭✭

I am having the same issue while trying to set up the newly released reference App - SmartHotel360 demoed in Connect 2017.

My emulators are going blank after switching between turning Hyper-V on and off to run Docker for compiling backend APIs.

I am not sure how the roadmapping is going to work when basic UI creation and emulators are in such a broken state.

I am new to Xamarin - and spending most of the time to get the base environment under control before even learning the details of Xamarin Forms.

• NickRenzhiglovNickRenzhiglov CAMember ✭✭

Hi there
    It looks like I fixed it making use of the link provided by BrendanZagaezki (see above). It mentions on assembly version notation so as soon as I switched from “1.1.*” to a specific “1.1.0.0” (for Android part of my "Forms" project) it begun working.
    As the versioning is not critical, I consider it as a viable workaround for me.
    Thanks.

• OmarCOmarC USMember ✭✭
    edited December 2017

>

• simonwangsimonwang CAMember ✭✭

it is working now when I change from [assembly: AssemblyVersion("6.0.*")] to [assembly: AssemblyVersion("6.0.0.0")]. 6.0.0.0 is our product release number.

This comment about assemblyVersion:
    // Version information for an assembly consists of the following four values:
    //
    // Major Version
    // Minor Version
    // Build Number
    // Revision
    //
    // You can specify all the values or you can default the Build and Revision Numbers
    // by using the '*' as shown below:

• ArvindrajaArvindraja INMember ✭✭✭

I also getting. My menifest

<activity android:name=".SplashActivity" android:label="someName" >
                <intent-filter>
                    <action android:name=".SplashActivity" />
                    <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
                </intent-filter>
    </activity>

Activity

public class SplashActivity : AppCompatActivity

Exception

Java.Lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate activity ComponentInfo{com.sisapp.in.sisapp/com.sisapp.in.sisapp.SplashActivity}: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.sisapp.in.sisapp.SplashActivity" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.siredp.in.siredp-1/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/

How to solve it

• OmarCOmarC USMember ✭✭

You can always rollover your Visual Studio/Xamarin version

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/productinfo/installing-an-earlier-release-of-vs2017