Updates to the Xamarin iOS Designer

JingletonJingleton DEForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Insider, University, Developer Group Leader Xamurai
edited December 2017 in General

Go check out the latest updates to the Xamarin iOS Designer by Program Manager @JohnMiller

Read the post HERE

Discuss below

• ArvindrajaArvindraja INMember ✭✭✭

@Jingleton
    Nice updates, working quite faster and looking good only for VS Mac.
    When it comes to Visual studio why designer screen showing right side instead of center. and controls is looking somewhat rough.
    Still i appreciate you people hard work.
    Thank you :smile:

• JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@Arvindraja,

Could you share a screenshot of what you are seeing?

• KraigSPEARKraigSPEAR USUniversity ✭✭

Good to see the designer getting some attention.

• ArvindrajaArvindraja INMember ✭✭✭

@JohnMiller
    Yeah sure. Please go over the attached screenshot where i kept 1 button and 1 textfield. See the position of xib designer.
    Thank you

• JimKoehlerJimKoehler USMember ✭✭

Does this update to the Designer support Asset Catalog Color Sets?

The VS 2017 (15.5.4) Designer color picker does not seem to show the Color Set names like Xcode does. And if I manually edit the Storyboard with the named color, it does not display the color in the Designer.

<color key="backgroundColor" name="splashBackground"/>

@JimKoehler,

Thanks for the comment! 15.5.4 is the latest version and would include the updates summarized here. I'll investigate your question about color assets and make sure we have an issue filed for anything that is not working. I'll post back here once I get the details.

@JimKoehler,

I was not able to select the color sets like you mentioned and log an issue on Bugzilla to track this.