MvvmCross the best way to go for code reuse and reliability?

I've been looking at Xamarin to replace our current tool set at my company for the purpose of creating iOS, Android and Windows 8 apps. I think I'm sold on Xamarin and they are too. I am a BIG fan of MVVMCross. I've been playing with it for personal use and just love it. The problem I have is that while I was playing with it, updates to Xamarin caused MVVMCross to break. Granted Stuart fixed them in a couple of hours (he's the best!) but it really gave upper management pause in terms of being able to use the platform. Understandably, they don't want to have a situation where MVVMCross breaks or gets abandoned (although I don't believe Stuart will leave his baby behind!)

That said. Anyone else have a similar issue? Anyone else using Xamarin + MVVMCross in a business environment? If not, what's the best strategy if they are too weary of using an open-source tool? MVC?

Thanks for your time!

• GuillermoGutierrezGuillermoGutierrez ESMember ✭✭✭

We're using MvvmCross in a business environment. The risk of the project being abandoned is lowered by the fact that it's OpenSource, so probably others or maybe ourselves will be able to continue using it anyway.

Just a tip, never update Xamarin, MvvmCross, or any other plugin or library when the release date is close!