Visual Studio 2017: This propertyis not valid when the SDK is not installed.

ChristopherDrososChristopherDrosos GRMember ✭✭

Suddently im getting this message everywhere on visual studio.
I cant even close it (File/Exit), I cant access to any options menu
What is this? i think at some point my pc has shutdown when a Visual studio update was installing
I have try to repair Visual Studio but i still getting this error.
Should i try to update the sdk manually? where i can find the sdk installation path?

Answers

• ChristopherDrososChristopherDrosos GRMember ✭✭

I have download sdk tools and put them at C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\tools and now its working.
    Still it should be fixed, i wasnt able even to close Visual Studio

• Me_zyMe_zy USMember ✭✭
    edited December 8

Same problem here, in old Android projects.

Visual Studio > tools > cant find Android anymore

I cant create a new Android project, too. After create a blank Android Project it apears the error "Creating project testApp ... project creation failed"

Is this a bug that came from the last updates?

• DanielVaughanDanielVaughan CHMember ✭✭

Happened to me too with the 15.5.1 VS update.
    It appears the Android SDK has been uninstalled.

• Me_zyMe_zy USMember ✭✭
    edited December 8

Now, after a 2 hours reapair routine with the VS installer the Android SDK is back again.

• DanielVaughanDanielVaughan CHMember ✭✭

It looks like the VS installer decided to uninstall the Xamarin Android components when updating to 15.5.1.
    Modifying the installation using the Visual Studio Installer, and selecting the Xamarin Android components, restored the functionality for me.

• MSiccDevMSiccDev CHMember ✭✭

I can confirm that a repair of the Visual Studio installation brings back the Xamarin.Android part. This is for sure a bug.

• brux88brux88 USMember ✭✭

Happened to me too with the 15.5.1 VS update. repair of the Visual Studio installation work