Are shadows enabled?

MarcoTronconeMarcoTroncone GBUniversity ✭✭

I'm studying Urhosharp and I find it great.

I have now a problem with shadows.
I've downloaded the Samples and for example I see that the shadows are there (Physics example).
If I copy the example in a Xamarin Forms Urhosharp project, then the shadows disappear (Tested on UWP and Android).

The code is exactly the same (Physics demo).
Am I doing something wrong or the shadows are not available in a Xamarin Forms project?

Thanks

• MarcoTronconeMarcoTroncone GBUniversity ✭✭

it seems that on UWP the shadows are not enabled/working (I tried directly the project in the Samples) while on Android the shadows are present but incredibly light and they only appear in the camera is really close to them. Very weird.

I'll try the prerelease version.

hoping that the project is still active, it's really strange that no one from Xamarin is saying anything to us!

• EsaKEsaK SEMember ✭✭

My experience of the shadows on Android is that it can differ from device to device, and that the shadows may need some tuning to look good. (I'm not sure that we can blame UrhoSharp for this, it might be an issue in core Urho3D. You could ask a question on their forum about it.)
    UWP I haven't tried, but from what I have gathered here the UWP support isn't that great (people seem to have problems with it).
    I agree with you, it's a shame that no one from Xamarin cannot give any feedback.