Is there a way to unsubscribe to threads on the site?

ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems that once you post a comment you are permanently subscribed to that thread. Is there a way to stop getting email notifications on a per-thread basis? Often times you are happy to offer up some advice... participate for a bit... but when a conversion goes off the rails you'd like to just stop getting notified.

Best Answer

Answers

• AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭

In your profile settings?

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

@AlessandroCaliaro
    Are you guessing... or do you know of a way there to list the threads and turn off notifications on a per-thread basis? Because I'm not seeing it if you know of a way there.
    I can list all the threads/posts/notifications that exist. But I don't see a way to turn off notifications. Am I just overlooking something?

On the left of "star" icon there is a "Account option" icon (Settings icon)

edited December 2017

That's not a per-thead basis though. I'm just looking to unsubscribe to specific threads. I don't want to stop all email notifications. It shouldn't be all-or-nothing. There should be a way to say "I'm tired of the direction this thread is taking don't want to be notified about it any more" while still getting notifications for others.

Most forum software has something like this.

Understand... I don't know. @Jingleton ?

@Jingleton
    Hmmm... If that's the best it can do... well... frack. A shame really. I guess I'll keep it the way it is and just ignore emails on subjects I no longer care about.
    Thanks for the verification of capability.

• JingletonJingleton DEForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Insider, University, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

@ClintStLaurent You also have the option to "Mute" forum categories that are too noisy through https://forums.xamarin.com/

Just hover over the Settings Icon to the far right of a forum category and select "Mute" from the two options.

This option halts all incoming thread notifications for this category unless you are pinged/mentioned directly.

Hope this helps!

@Jingleton
    Thanks for that. Again that still entire categories. Meh... I'll think about it. I just miss having a finer-grained level of control that so many other forums have. Probably my issue more than the site's. Its one of those things that you don't miss until its gone. If you've never had something you don't know you should miss it.