Is it possible to display application UI on a TV/monitor?

gvuksagvuksa RSMember ✭✭
edited December 2017 in Cross Platform with Xamarin

I have a simple application that is reading data from a LE Bluetooth device and display it to the user. The app is made in xamarin forms.

I was wandering if it is possible to display this application UI, using Chromecast or anything else, in a real time to the user on a TV or a monitor?

Answers

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

"Parts of" ??

• gvuksagvuksa RSMember ✭✭

@ClintStLaurent said:
    "Parts of" ??

Sorry, I was not clear enough on this. I will edit. Any content of the application. A page, a section of a page, anything.

Well... iOS can mirror the device natively at the OS level, so you don't have to do anything in your app.

And when I do this google:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=mirror+android+phone&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

I get this response, looking like the same happens on Android

I need an option for the user to be able to see the content of an app, and for this to be started from an app. I don't need to mirror an entire device, nor to force user to do some additional work. My app is reading data from a Bluetooth device, and it would need an option for user to be able to see this on some other monitors (like ex. its TV) by simply clicking the button in the app. This would enable the user to view the data without the need to look at the phone, or even be next to the phone.

Is that possible?

Well... You can't just magically take over other screens - and certainly not a TV. This is not Stark Industries.

You could make a second app whose purpose in life is to be a receiver for the first app. Kind of like how iTunes sees other AppleTV units on the same network and therefore you can push a movie from the PC to a given AppleTV box. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202809

Or if your app is reporting data to a server, then the second app can look at the same data on the same server. That is probably the better and more standard solution. The bluetooth app on the device is reporting data... and the secondary app is just a viewer.

Yes, that is why I thought to use Chromecast or something like that. So that a user can connect TV with the Chromecast via HDMI and than the app can send data to the Chromecast. Something like that?