Distributing Apps Outside the Mac App Store

GeneKulaGeneKula USMember

We are looking for a way to distribute apps outside the mac app store (via website) to our clients. I came across article1 below from Apple that describes how to do it in xcode. So I started digging into the Xamarin documentation and I found article2 below which describes signing with Developer ID, but the screenshots don't match what I'm seeing in my Xamarin version (4.7.9.45) (E.g. there aren't checkboxes for signing the application bundler nor is there a checkbox for signing the installer package). I assume that the documentation is stale and in need of updating.

Can someone provide me with a list of steps I need to take to be able to distribute my app outside the mac app store?

Article1: developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/IDEs/Conceptual/AppDistributionGuide/DistributingApplicationsOutside/DistributingApplicationsOutside.html

Article2:
developer.xamarin.com/guides/mac/deployment,_testing,_and_metrics/publishing_to_the_app_store/signing/

thanks in advance!

Answers

• SagarPanwalaSagarPanwala ✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭

@GeneKula : Did you find solution for this ? If yes can you please provide me solution for this ?