MicroCharts - Getting Started

Microcharts looks promising for simple and free charts for Xamarin development, however, it will not run in the Visual Studio 2017 Android emulator (Android_Accelerated_Nougat (Android 7.1 - API 25)). In the emulator it simply says "MicroChartsForms keeps stopping - x Close App". This is after deploying the Microcharts.Samples.Forms.Droid project. This is a fresh Visual Studio Community install and a fresh clone of Microcharts, on a new machine actually.

The first course of action was updating NuGet packages, but this continually fails with the following error: "Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error Could not install package 'Xamarin.Android.Support.Animated.Vector.Drawable 26.1.0.1'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets 'MonoAndroid,Version=v7.1', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author."

I'm trying continuously to get as many of the 17 NuGet updates done individually to try to finally get all the packages in sync. In the meantime, I'd appreciate any guidance on either getting Microcharts deployed simply as is, or help in pulling, say, just the line charts out and using independently. Given that this article (H-T-T-P://blog.xamarin.com/microcharts-elegant-cross-platform-charts-for-any-app/ - I'm a newby who can't post a real link here) is only a month old, I'm surprised that I'm having so much difficulty on a fresh install.

Thanks!

Answers

• ZebedatiousZebedatious USMember

I understand now, that since I'm targeting the 7.1 platform, I need to stick with the API level 25 which is what all the packages are currently updated to. Nonetheless it doesn't run in the emulator. Thanks again.