Forum Xamarin.iOS

Does Azure Push Notification Hub supports iOS PushKit VoIP push notifications?

RendyDelRosarioRendyDelRosario DOUniversity ✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in Xamarin.iOS

I found a few posts related Azure notification hub support on PushKit VoIP notifications:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/afda14fe-1218-4ca1-a1ee-205ccd241d1a/support-for-apple-voip-pushkit-push-notifications?forum=notificationhubs

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/39b4e1cd-842f-4562-bab5-119d5f6175cd/send-ios-voip-pushes?forum=notificationhubs

Does GCM works with iOS PushKit framework?

There's no official confirmation of the support, I did try myself by using same APN HTTP/2 configuration on my notification hub which you can use for either APN Notifications or PushKit VoIP Notifications but always got invalid token on registration to notification hub.

Have anyone make this work with Azure notification hubs? Is there support for this or not?

Best Answer

• RendyDelRosarioRendyDelRosario DOUniversity ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

It seems to be supported if you use Authentication Mode Certificate with a VoIP Services Certificate but not if you use Authentication Mode Token with Token-based (HTTP/2) Authentication for APNS.

So to get this working use a VoIP Services Certificate and on Apple Notification Hub Configuration set Authentication Mode Certificate with this VoIP certificate.

Answers

• RendyDelRosarioRendyDelRosario DOUniversity ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

It seems to be supported if you use Authentication Mode Certificate with a VoIP Services Certificate but not if you use Authentication Mode Token with Token-based (HTTP/2) Authentication for APNS.

So to get this working use a VoIP Services Certificate and on Apple Notification Hub Configuration set Authentication Mode Certificate with this VoIP certificate.

• microtekmicrotek Member

MS Azure training is a new age learning program with a wide spectrum of Microsoft Azure courses, specially developed for professionals and organizations seeking practical learning experience. Whether you want to gain a better understanding of cloud computing concepts or learn the techniques for building and launching cloud apps.
    Microsoft Azure solutions for AWS developers training helps professionals build end-to-end solutions in Microsoft Azure. This technical course allows one to develop Azure App Service Web Application solution and Azure functions. Trainees will learn to utilise blob or Cosmos DB storage in solutions.
    Check Now Microsoft Azure training courses by Microtek Learning.