Forum Xamarin Xamarin Test Cloud (Read Only)

display each page in the app using a backdoor

We are about to do some localisation work so what i want to do is set a backdoor (or something else) that will let me create a test that will call a screen then take a screenshot so that i can got through the screenshots and check for text snipping issues quickly. I was hoping that the end results of the test would look something like this

app.Invoke("LoginPageView")
app.Screenshot()
app.Invoke("CustomerView")
app.Screenshot

and so on but although i have created the export tagged method in my MainActivity I don't know where i go from here to implement this or if i will even be able to, any ideas anyone?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• PeterSimonsPeterSimons GBMember ✭✭
    edited December 2017 Accepted Answer

Well that is what I have ended up doing, the reason i was trying to avoid it is because it would have meant lots of long tests or one reeeeeally long test.

I actually managed to do this but it wouldn't work because lots of our pages in our app depend on the data being there before the screen opens and load, so it caused lots of crashes that users would never have seen.

Answers

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you need a backdoor for this? Can't you just navigate through all pages in your test?
  • PeterSimonsPeterSimons GBMember ✭✭
    edited December 2017 Accepted Answer

Well that is what I have ended up doing, the reason i was trying to avoid it is because it would have meant lots of long tests or one reeeeeally long test.

I actually managed to do this but it wouldn't work because lots of our pages in our app depend on the data being there before the screen opens and load, so it caused lots of crashes that users would never have seen.