Xamarin.Forms Entry Keyboard sets wrong type

LinneaLinnea SEMember

I am displaying a TableView with a number of custom EntryCells grouped in different table sections. Like so:

ListEntryCell listEntryCell = new ListEntryCell();
        listEntryCell .Label.Text = "Text";           
        listEntryCell .Entry.Placeholder = "(placeholder)";
        listEntryCell .Entry.SetBinding(Entry.TextProperty, "Object.text", BindingMode.TwoWay);
        listEntryCell .Entry.Behaviors.Add(new EntryLengthValidatorBehavior() { MaxLength = 20});
        listEntryCell .Entry.Keyboard = Keyboard.Numerc;

All of them use Keyboard.Numeric, except one in the middle which uses Keyboard.Text. The problem is that the keyboard is not updating correctly when switching between the entries. If I open up the page and immidiatley press the entry with Keyboard.Text option set it works and displays as expected, but if I after that mark another keyboard.numeric entry and then try to open up the one with text again it flickers a little and displays a numeric keyboard.

The behaviour is the same on IOS and Android, and I am using xamarin.Forms 2.4.0.74853. Is there anyone who may know what causes this problem, or can suggest a workaround?

Answers

• DarshanJSDarshanJS USMember ✭✭✭

@Linnea said:

are you checking in emulator or device?

• LinneaLinnea SEMember
    edited November 2017

@DarshanJS said:

I have been testing on both emulators and devices with Android 7.0 and iOS 11.0.3 and it is the same problem..

Edit: I now tested on devices with Android 6.0 and 5.1 where it works and the keyboard updates as expected.