Xamarin.Forms 2.5.0

DavidOrtinauDavidOrtinau USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Insider, University Xamurai

We've published a new stable release of Xamarin.Forms, version 2.5.0.77107.

Release Notes

If you have a bug to report, drop us a detailed report here so we can investigate.

• acliceaclice VNMember ✭✭

@RSH said:
    I'm still seeing an extra margin/gap on my iOS listviews that started with 2.4.0.74863

I have same problem with you. I have a padding left in viewcell listview

• AdrianKnightAdrianKnight USMember ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16

@DavidOrtinau Can you please tell us the use case for RecycleElementAndDataTemplate caching strategy? Not sure if it was mentioned somewhere and I missed it. Also, it doesn't seem to be working as a ListView with such caching method gets items out of order badly (again, not sure if I'm using it the way it's meant to be).

• @RSH said:
    I'm still seeing an extra margin/gap on my iOS listviews that started with 2.4.0.74863

Same here; this is blocking Forms iOS upgrades. Last workable Forms iOS stable release is 2.4.0.38779
    @DavidOrtinau Please fix this in next stable.

Bugzilla: bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=60636

• AclrtrAclrtr USMember ✭✭
    edited November 16

When I tested 2.5 pre3 it also had the hasunevenrows=true crash, please fix that also.

Edit: Verified this bug is still here. List with hasunevenrows=true causes a crash on iOS 11 when inserting into the list that is the itemsource.

• MarcLuderMarcLuder CHMember ✭✭
    edited November 16

Same here: extra margin/gap on iOS listviews.

• PaulDiPietroPaulDiPietro USXamarin Team Xamurai

The margin fix is not yet in the published NuGet package and will be in an upcoming SR.

• CarLoOSXCarLoOSX USMember ✭✭

Corrected in Xamarin.Forms 2.5.0.91635 from nugget !!!!

• AclrtrAclrtr USMember ✭✭
    edited November 17

@PaulDiPietro said:
    The margin fix is not yet in the published NuGet package and will be in an upcoming SR.

The crash that happens when hasunevenrows=true is still not fixed. When will this be fixed?

• BjornBBjornB USMember ✭✭✭

huge plus for smaller service releases!

• DavidOrtinauDavidOrtinau USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Insider, University Xamurai
    > @AdrianKnight said:
    > @DavidOrtinau Can you please tell us the use case for RecycleElementAndDataTemplate caching strategy? Not sure if it was mentioned somewhere and I missed it. Also, it doesn't seem to be working as a ListView with such caching method gets items out of order badly (again, not sure if I'm using it the way it's meant to be).

https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/xamarin-forms/user-interface/listview/performance/#RecycleElementAndDataTemplate

Not clear enough? I think it's most beneficial when your list uses multiple data templates.

@DavidOrtinau Thanks. I must have missed that. However, I'm still unable to use this properly as I'm getting the same data template for each cell. See 60744.

• Malcolm.JackMalcolm.Jack ZAMember ✭✭

Getting exception when showing maps:
    System.MissingMethodException: Method 'Xamarin.Forms.Maps.Android.MapRenderer.OnCameraChange' not found.
    anyone else seeing this?

• MarkDav.isMarkDav.is USUniversity

I'm trying to use the latest on a Xam Forms Mac project and I get errors about overriding MainWindow as well as LoadApplication

@DavidOrtinau I just looked at the description on PR 1085 which was more clear. On the developer guide, the following was somewhat vague when first read:

"Therefore, DataTemplates are selected once per item type, instead of once per item instance."

Normally, I'm used to setting items source to an observable collection of the same model. In this case, multiple models are encouraged.

var list = new ObservableCollection<object>();

protected override DataTemplate OnSelectTemplate(object item, BindableObject container)
    {
         if (item is Model1)
             return Template1;
         else if (item is Model2)
              return Template2;
          else
              throw new ArgumentException();
    }

Closing 60744.

Thanks!

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kyle_John said:
    Forms.Context is obsolete as of version 2.5. Then how to access context in implementation class of DependencyService?

I just saw that Friday and had the same thought and question.

• StormsabreStormsabre USMember

No mention of globalization - rtl layout support, any updates on this?

• seanydaseanyda GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stormsabre said:

Yeah it's been merged:
    https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/pull/1222

• Maurizio.PanzicaMaurizio.Panzica USMember ✭✭

@Kyle_John said:
    Forms.Context is obsolete as of version 2.5. Then how to access context in implementation class of DependencyService?

Exactly. Any clues ?

• StormsabreStormsabre USMember

Sorry but any idea> @seanyda said:

@Stormsabre said:

Yeah it's been merged:

Any idea how we use it? it doesn't seem to work automatically as i have set the device to show the app right to left but no changes in the layouts.

• seanydaseanyda GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stormsabre said:
    Sorry but any idea> @seanyda said:

@Stormsabre said:

Yeah it's been merged:

Any idea how we use it? it doesn't seem to work automatically as i have set the device to show the app right to left but no changes in the layouts.

It's been merged into the master branch, but that doesn't mean it's in this current release. You should probably expect it to be in the next few releases, you'll know when it's out because it'll be in the release notes.

• pedrofcjpedrofcj USMember ✭✭

@Maurizio.Panzica said:

@Kyle_John said:

Exactly. Any clues ?

Take a look at this post: https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/106938/context-is-obsolete-as-of-version-2-5

• Malcolm.JackMalcolm.Jack ZAMember ✭✭

@Malcolm.Jack said:
    Getting exception when showing maps:
    System.MissingMethodException: Method 'Xamarin.Forms.Maps.Android.MapRenderer.OnCameraChange' not found.
    anyone else seeing this?

it seems that OnCameraChanged public method was removed from the Xamarin Forms Android MapRenderer - but it doesn't seem to be documented in the release notes. This has broken the TK.CustomMaps renderer that relies on this method.

• ChristianReicheltChristianReichelt DEMember ✭✭

Hi @Malcom,
    I see the same problem in my custom renderer for maps.

Error CS7069: Reference to type 'GoogleMap.IOnCameraMoveListener' claims it is defined in 'Xamarin.GooglePlayServices.Maps', but it could not be found (CS7069) (EasierLife.Droid)

Did you find a workaround or did you write a bug report?

• ChristianReicheltChristianReichelt DEMember ✭✭

@KatieBrown thanks a lot. Didn't see that.

edited November 24

Android
    if a viewcell has an element that has a tapgesturerecognizer and the viewcell has contextactions, "long tap" will be triggered just by tapping or scrolling..

• WhaLeWhaLe ROMember

@BjornB said:
    Android
    if a viewcell has an element that has a tapgesturerecognizer and the viewcell has contextactions, "long tap" will be triggered just by tapping or scrolling..

I'm having the same issue.

edited November 24

@WhaLe said:

@BjornB said:
    Android

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=60852
    Filed a bug about it.

I summon @DavidOrtinau

• DavidOrtinauDavidOrtinau USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Insider, University Xamurai

@BjornB replied on the ticket. thx @WhaLe if you have additional info and a different repro, please contribute on the ticket.

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭

It shows here that there was release release-2.5.0-sr3, 2 days ago but I cant see this is nuget? was it removed

• MatthiasBruzekMatthiasBruzek USMember ✭✭

@BjornB said:

@WhaLe said:

@BjornB said:
    Android

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=60852
    Filed a bug about it.

I summon @DavidOrtinau

This bug was marked CONFIRMED on monday last week, @DavidOrtinau is there any progress? This is a showstopper for us...

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=60850

I tested on a device running on Android 7.1.2

• About the ListView crash on iOS mentioned in this thread by @Aclrtr
    I got also a crash when moving on version 2.5.0.121934. After loking to the ListViewRender code then I can avoid the crash by creating the ListView with the ListViewCachingStrategy.RetainElement.
    The ListViewRender is using the Data Template or the Data Type as a key in order to obtain the cell. The cell is used in the row height computation. For some reason if the cache strategy is activated then the ListViewRender is not able to find the Data Template or Data Type but there is no check for null value when the local variable "itemTypeOrDataTemplate" is used.

• AlloughAllough USMember

Just had to hop on here real quick. I just updated from XF 2.3.X to 2.5.0.91635 yesterday.

In my case, the difference is night and day better. I got to erase most of the kludge's I had in place, and my app works better to boot!

Thank you for your hard work!

I reward you all with 1.5 seconds each to pat yourself on the back before you get back to work on the ListView issues :P

• MichaelRumplerMichaelRumpler ATMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@MatthiasBruzek said:
    This bug was marked CONFIRMED on monday last week, @DavidOrtinau is there any progress? This is a showstopper for us...

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=60850

I currently have 4 bugs in status CONFIRMED (and 7 ASSIGNED). The oldest one has been created on 2016-02-09, set to CONFIRMED on 2016-12-21 and was never touched since.
    Sorry Matthias, but that status doesn't mean anything.

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

@MichaelRumpler
    Since Bugzilla is the 'old' system - and that's a bug that hasn't been touched in a year... You and I both know it won't be touched from Bugzilla.

You might consider putting it in the newest of the new ways for ignoring tracking bug reports - Listing it as an issue in the GitHub repo
    https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/111396/please-file-new-ideas-on-github-issues#latest

@ClintStLaurent These are no bugs I couldn't find a workaround in the meantime. I just wanted to give Matthias a more realistic view of how fast Xamarin.Forms bugs are fixed.

I cannot install any stable XF 2.5.0.* version in my Android project. The package manager console shows these messages:

Attempting to gather dependency information for package 'Xamarin.Forms.2.5.0.121934' with respect to project 'RoyalMobileApps\RoyalMobileApps.XF.Android', targeting 'MonoAndroid,Version=v8.0'
    Adding package 'Xamarin.Android.Support.Compat.25.4.0.2' to folder 'D:\RoyalFamily\RoyalApplications\RoyalTS\packages'
    Added package 'Xamarin.Android.Support.Compat.25.4.0.2' to folder 'D:\RoyalFamily\RoyalApplications\RoyalTS\packages'
    Added package 'Xamarin.Android.Support.Compat.25.4.0.2' to 'packages.config'
    Successfully installed 'Xamarin.Android.Support.Compat 25.4.0.2' to RoyalMobileApps.XF.Android
    Adding package 'Xamarin.Android.Support.Core.Utils.25.4.0.2' to folder 'D:\RoyalFamily\RoyalApplications\RoyalTS\packages'
    Added package 'Xamarin.Android.Support.Core.Utils.25.4.0.2' to folder 'D:\RoyalFamily\RoyalApplications\RoyalTS\packages'
    Install failed. Rolling back...
    Package 'Xamarin.Android.Support.Core.Utils.25.4.0.2 : Xamarin.Android.Support.Compat [25.4.0.2, 25.4.0.2]' does not exist in project 'RoyalMobileApps.XF.Android'

I already uninstalled all Xamarin.Android.* packages, Xamarin.Forms and all dependent packages, restarted VS2017 15.5.1 but the error is still there.

Going back to XF 2.4.0.91020.